By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The City of Philadelphia announced plans to celebrate the Taney Dragons for becoming the third best little league team in the nation.
The sweethearts of the summer will be honored with a parade kicking off at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The party starts at 20th and Market Streets, before a parade will make its way east on Market, and then south on Broad Street down to FDR Park.
Along the way, the parade will make a stop at the Kimmel Center to be serenaded by the Philly POPS! and make another stop at Broad and Washington for a performance from the Mummers.
A rally will then be held at FDR Park around 4 p.m., where the Taney Dragons will get ready for an on-field, pre-game tribute by the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Sleeping In Doubles Risk Of Dementia, Study Suggests
- SpaceX To Fly Two Space Tourists Around The Moon In 2018
- Remember The First Phone You Owned? The Nokia 3310 Is Back
- Ice Cream Plant Worker Sues Company After Having Fingers Amputated Due To Frostbite
- Police: Man Bites Wife In Face After Argument Over Potato Chips