By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The City of Philadelphia announced plans to celebrate the Taney Dragons for becoming the third best little league team in the nation.
The sweethearts of the summer will be honored with a parade kicking off at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The party starts at 20th and Market Streets, before a parade will make its way east on Market, and then south on Broad Street down to FDR Park.
Along the way, the parade will make a stop at the Kimmel Center to be serenaded by the Philly POPS! and make another stop at Broad and Washington for a performance from the Mummers.
A rally will then be held at FDR Park around 4 p.m., where the Taney Dragons will get ready for an on-field, pre-game tribute by the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School
- Detroit Police Department Calls Out Philly Police To Running Man Challenge
- More And More Young People Are Living With Their Parents
- Twitter Will Stretch Its 140-Character Limit
- It’s OK To Let Your Baby Cry Himself To Sleep, Study Finds