By Dan Majka
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia’s Little League baseball team will take the field in a Major League ballpark.
The Philadelphia Phillies announced on Sunday that the Taney Dragons will be honored during a special pregame tribute Wednesday night at Citizen’s Bank Park.
Taney will take to the field and be honored by the Phillies and fans during a ballpark-wide celebration. The entire Taney roster is expected to take part, with their families and coaches in attendance.
The tribute is in addition to a parade, which the city has planned for earlier in the day. Mayor Michael Nutter made that surprise announcement Sunday during a homecoming event for the team at Love Park.
The Taney Dragons run at the Little League World Series ended on Thursday in Williamsport, just two wins shy of winning the championship. They were also the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Little League champions.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Non-Profit Provides Thanksgiving Dinner To Families In Need
- Early Morning For Parade Volunteers In Center City
- Some See Transportation Projects Dwindling In New Jersey
- Museums A Popular Family Alternative To Shopping The Day After Thanksgiving
- Turing Reneges On Drug Price Cut, Rival’s Version Sells Well