By Dan Majka
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia’s Little League baseball team will take the field in a Major League ballpark.
The Philadelphia Phillies announced on Sunday that the Taney Dragons will be honored during a special pregame tribute Wednesday night at Citizen’s Bank Park.
Taney will take to the field and be honored by the Phillies and fans during a ballpark-wide celebration. The entire Taney roster is expected to take part, with their families and coaches in attendance.
The tribute is in addition to a parade, which the city has planned for earlier in the day. Mayor Michael Nutter made that surprise announcement Sunday during a homecoming event for the team at Love Park.
The Taney Dragons run at the Little League World Series ended on Thursday in Williamsport, just two wins shy of winning the championship. They were also the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Little League champions.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Gov. Wolf Says Senator Leach Should Resign Over Misconduct Allegations
- Police Searching For Suspect In NE Philly Shooting
- Fans Aren’t Blaming Not Having Wentz For Eagles’ ‘Torturous Win’ Over Giants
- Philadelphia Comedian’s Play Takes Us Home For The Holidays
- Shale Tax Supporters Face Slow Go In PA House