Man Struck By Car, Then Shot Dead In Northeast Philadelphia
By Syma Chowhdry
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are searching for a suspect who ran down a man and then shot and killed him in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say it was around 8:45 p.m. Saturday when a man in his 30’s was struck by a dark colored vehicle in the 4700 block of Ramona Avenue in the city’s Lawncrest section.
Investigators say the car stopped briefly while someone in the vehicle got out and shot the victim multiple times in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The striking vehicle sped away and was found by police several blocks away, engulfed in flames.
Police are looking for the gunman who may have burns from the fire and the weapon used in the shooting.
Authorities have have not released the name of the victim.
Police continue to investigate.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Abducted Wilkes-Barre Teen Found Safe; Alleged Kidnapper Arrested
- Little League Girls Softball Teams Have Big Plans For Beat Up Field In Camden
- Center City Wall Now Stands To Honor Phillies History
- Millennials Sought In Contest To Cover Upcoming Papal Visit
- NJ’s Largest Teachers Union Supports Sweeney’s Proposal To Push For Federal Loans To Help State Pension Plans