South Jersey Man Arrested In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Protesters Gather At City Hall In Philadelphia After Ferguson Decision
- Pennsylvania: DOJ ‘Hectoring’ It Over Fitness Test Administered To Trooper Candidates
- Trump Casinos, Atlantic City Agree On Tax Sale
- Snow May Impinge on Rehearsal Day For Philadelphia’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Study: Cookie Monster A Role Model For Kids Learning Self-control?