South Jersey Man Arrested In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Defendant In Craigslist Murder Trial Tells Jurors He Didn’t Do It, But He Knows Who Did
- Blue Moon To Appear Friday Morning
- Jersey Shore Beachgoers Witness Man Allegedly Kill Seagull In Ocean City
- Former Cape May Boy Scout Leader Arrested For Sexual Contact With Minor
- Local Readers Weigh In On Magazine’s Man-Pleasing Tips