BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Principal Forces Students To Run Outside In Cold Weather For Wearing Wrong Uniform, Report Says
- Election Fraud Task Force Launches Investigation Into Special Election In 197th District
- Teen Saves Choking Friend’s Life During Lunch At School
- Longtime Youth Hockey Coach Charged With Sexual Abuse Of Players
- NJ TRANSIT Suspends Service At New York’s Penn Station Following Amtrak Train Derailment