BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- College Offers ‘Is God A White Supremacist?’ Religion Class
- Two Organizations Hope To Get More Girls Interested In STEM Careers
- Road Closures, Parking Restrictions Announced Ahead Of Women’s March In Philly
- NJSP Troopers Help Deliver Baby Girl In Station’s Parking Lot
- Philadelphia Student Organizes Equal Rights Amendment March