BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Soda Tax Defies Predictions With $5.7M In Revenue To Date, City Officials Say
- Police Issue Warnings As Thieves Execute High End Car Thefts On The Main Line
- The Marshmallow Test: What It Reveals About Our Children’s Future Success
- Feeling Lucky? The Winning Powerball Numbers Are In
- Fire Breaks Out Inside Bucks County High School