BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Fatal Fire In Nicetown Section Of Philadelphia
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving
- PPA Offers Free And Discounted Parking For Philadelphia Shoppers During Holiday Season
- Airlines Hoping To Woo Customers Invest In More Entertainment Options