PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting inside a Germantown home.
Police responded to a shots fired call on the 5700 block of McMahon Avenue around 9pm on Friday.
When they arrived, officers say they found a 45-year-old man who had been shot in the abdomen by his 78-year-old mother.
The man was taken to the operating room at Albert Einstein Medical Center, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police say the woman stated that she was inside her residence when her son threatened to strangle her. According to police, the woman was scared and barricaded herself in her second floor bedroom, and then she heard two loud bangs.
After the defendant pushed his way into the bedroom with a weapon and threatened the woman, police say, the woman picked up a handgun and shot at the man several times, hitting him once in the stomach. The man fired his weapon as well, but authorities say the bullets hit the wall, missing the woman.
Police say the man will be charged with aggravated assault. His identity is not being released at this time.
- Emergency Repairs As ‘Significant Deterioration’ Found Under Ben Franklin Bridge
- Police: Suspect Wanted In Ambush Shooting Of Father, 21-Month-Old Boy
- Police: Suspect Wanted For Robbing Heritage’s At Gunpoint
- Officials Announce LOVE Park’s Grand Reopening Date, New Sponsor
- Police: Woman Threw Hot Coffee, Pepper Sprayed Wawa Employee Over Order Mistake