Phillies Team Owner Sara “Sally” Buck Passes Away
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign
- Pat Bertoletti Upsets Molly Schuyler To Win Wing Bowl 23
- Mick Foley On Being Ejected: ‘Didn’t Want Throwing Up To Be My Legacy’