PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- Flaherty’s 3-Run HR Powers Braves Past Velasquez, Phillies
- Eagles Center And Mummers Legend Jason Kelce Attends All-City Jazz Festival
- Crosby Leads Penguins Past Flyers For 3-1 Lead In Playoffs
- Expect The Sixers To Get The Heat Under Control In Game 3
- ‘Yo, Philly’: Sylvester Stallone Shares Video Outside Linc, Gets Photo With Lombardi Trophy