PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- Former Phillies Pitcher, Kentucky Politician Jim Bunning Suffers Stroke
- Malcolm Jenkins Holding Third Annual Blitz, Bow Ties And Bourbon
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 Injury Report: Bennie Logan Questionable
- Sixers Release Medical Update: Simmons Recovering, Noel Needs Surgery
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7