Phillies Team Owner Sara “Sally” Buck Passes Away
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- Travis Long Tears ACL For Second Straight Year, Gone For Season
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Revamped Eagles Defense Ready To Step Up In 2015
- DeMarco Murray Says He’s Healthy & Feels Like An Eagle
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National