PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- Revenge Not On Villanova’s Mind Ahead Of Rematch With Butler
- Report: MLB To Get Rid Of Intentional Walks For 2017 Season
- Widener Hoops Looks To Stay Hot In Conference Tournament
- Phillies’ Michael Saunders Credits Mother Who Battled Breast Cancer For Person He Is Today
- Made-Up Trade: 76ers, Lakers, Pistons Andre Drummond Blockbuster