PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the passing of team owner, Sara “Sally” Buck.
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, Phillies President David Montgomery says Buck died earlier in the day.
Montgomery says “Sally was loved by many in the Phillies organization from front office staff, to players, to fellow owners. Her passing leaves the club with a profound sense of loss. Her presence at Citizens Bank Park will be missed by all who knew and loved her.”
Sally Buck and her late husband, Alexander (Whip), had been part of the Phillies ownership group since 1981.
You may also be interested in these sports stories:
- NFL Commissioner, LeBron James Blast Trump For Tweets Against Athletes
- Episcopal Academy Offers Students Place To Explore Beyond Classroom
- Suzuki Homers Twice As Braves Beat Phillies 7-2
- Eagles Deal With Banged Up Secondary Heading Into Week 3
- Eagles Injury Report: Rodney McLeod A Game-Time Decision As Eagles Defense Missing Secondary Help