PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Taney Dragons took Philadelphia by storm during their run to the Little League World Series. Their run came to an end on Thursday night when they lost to Illinois in a nail biter, 6-5. Despite the loss, we in this town were in for a real treat getting to watch the Dragons take the nation by storm.
Bryant Simon was in a unique situation when it came to rooting for Taney. Not only did he cheer for the team that represented his town, he was also cheering for his son’s team. He is the father of Taney outfielder Eli Simon.
Simon called into 98.1 WOGL‘s The Breakfast Club to talk about the team’s amazing run.
“They have something between them that I think will last forever,” Simon said of the Dragons. “They gave us an incredible gift, so sad, but grateful.”
CLICK HERE to listen to Simon’s entire interview with The Breakfast Club
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Penn Looks For 2-0 Start Saturday At Lehigh
- Showtime Boxing Announces Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Heavyweight Title Fight Set For November 4th
- Ben Simmons Will Not Have Any Minutes Restrictions
- 94WIP’s Carlin & Reese Surprise Eagles Honorary Captain
- Billie Jean King Celebrates ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Premiere