PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Taney Dragons took Philadelphia by storm during their run to the Little League World Series. Their run came to an end on Thursday night when they lost to Illinois in a nail biter, 6-5. Despite the loss, we in this town were in for a real treat getting to watch the Dragons take the nation by storm.
Bryant Simon was in a unique situation when it came to rooting for Taney. Not only did he cheer for the team that represented his town, he was also cheering for his son’s team. He is the father of Taney outfielder Eli Simon.
Simon called into 98.1 WOGL‘s The Breakfast Club to talk about the team’s amazing run.
“They have something between them that I think will last forever,” Simon said of the Dragons. “They gave us an incredible gift, so sad, but grateful.”
CLICK HERE to listen to Simon’s entire interview with The Breakfast Club
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Raffl Scores Late, Flyers Beat Oilers For 7th Straight Win
- Preview: Joel Embiid Vs. Anthony Davis
- Brandon Brooks Ranked Among NFL’s Top 25 O-Lineman
- NFL Picks Week 14: Giants End Cowboys’ Streak And Chiefs Seize Control Of AFC West
- Esiason: Wentz Just ‘Going Through Natural Progression’ Of Learning NFL QB