Taney Dad Bryant Simon: “They Gave Us An Incredible Gift”
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Taney Dragons took Philadelphia by storm during their run to the Little League World Series. Their run came to an end on Thursday night when they lost to Illinois in a nail biter, 6-5. Despite the loss, we in this town were in for a real treat getting to watch the Dragons take the nation by storm.
Bryant Simon was in a unique situation when it came to rooting for Taney. Not only did he cheer for the team that represented his town, he was also cheering for his son’s team. He is the father of Taney outfielder Eli Simon.
Simon called into 98.1 WOGL‘s The Breakfast Club to talk about the team’s amazing run.
“They have something between them that I think will last forever,” Simon said of the Dragons. “They gave us an incredible gift, so sad, but grateful.”
CLICK HERE to listen to Simon’s entire interview with The Breakfast Club
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: “I Like Seattle, But The Patriots Always Have A Plan”
- Video: Howard Eskin Vs. Marshawn Lynch
- MCW, Noel To Compete In Rising Stars Challenge
- Phillies Announce David Montgomery Is Out As President
- Q&A With Paulo Grilo: Philadelphia Union’s Enigmatic Goalkeeping Coach Speaks With CBS Philly