Several Injured When SEPTA Bus And Truck Collide In Montgomery County
CHELTENHAM, Pa. (CBS) — Emergency crews rushed to the scene after a Pepsi truck collided with a SEPTA bus in Montgomery County.
Police say the Pepsi truck rear-ended the bus on Old York Road and Meetinghouse Road around 3:45 p.m. Friday.
The Pepsi truck driver and passenger both slammed into the windshield due to the impact. The passenger of the truck suffered serious injury, authorities say.
SEPTA says 19 people were on the Route 55 bus at the time of the collision. Authorities say several passengers may have suffered minor injuries and were taken to local hospitals.
The bus driver was also reportedly injured. No word on any of the victims’ conditions.
The bus was headed toward the Olney Transportation Center at the time of the crash.
Stay with CBSPhilly.com for the latest on this developing story…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pa. Supreme Court Upholds 2012 Conviction Of High-Ranking Church Official
- Weather: Sunshine Returns Tuesday
- Chester County Prison Guard Charged With Smuggling Drugs To Inmates
- Internet Giants Jump Into Nepal Earthquake Relief and Social Support Efforts
- Cops: 14-Year-Old Faces Murder Charge In Connection With Death Of Delivery Man In NE Philadelphia