PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Red Sox have reportedly signed Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo. According to Jesse Sanchez, the deal is worth $72 million over six years.
Earlier in the week it was reported the Phillies were among five finalists for Castillo. The deal was originally expected to be in the $50 million to $60 million range.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- WATCH: Meek Mill Rings Bell At Sixers-Heat Game 5
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory
- Phillies’ Nick Williams, Phanatic Help Local Kids Plant Tree
- Funeral Home Offers Flyers Fans Condolences After Playoff Elimination
- Super Bowl Champion Eagles ‘Discussing’ Visit To White House