Report: Red Sox Sign Rusney Castillo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Red Sox have reportedly signed Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo. According to Jesse Sanchez, the deal is worth $72 million over six years.
Earlier in the week it was reported the Phillies were among five finalists for Castillo. The deal was originally expected to be in the $50 million to $60 million range.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Pete Mackanin To Stay Phillies Interim Manager For Remainder Of Season
- Union Host D.C. United Tonight In Open Cup Round Of 16
- NHL Analyst: Flyers Will ‘Absolutely’ Contend For Playoffs In 2015-16
- Triple-A Agrees With Phillies’ Prospect Aaron Altherr
- This Week In Baseball: In Defense Of The All-Star Game