PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Red Sox have reportedly signed Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo. According to Jesse Sanchez, the deal is worth $72 million over six years.
Earlier in the week it was reported the Phillies were among five finalists for Castillo. The deal was originally expected to be in the $50 million to $60 million range.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- NFL Prematurely Promotes Patriots-Vikings Super Bowl LII Matchup
- College Basketball Games Of The Week: Arizona, Stanford Battle For The Top Of The Pac-12
- No. 1 Villanova Looks To Keep On Rolling Saturday At UConn
- NFC Championship Game: Brian Dawkins Named Honorary Captain, The Roots To Perform
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?