Great Weather Payback Coming
By Katie Fehlinger
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – After a string of beautiful Friday forecasts, this one isn’t quite as ideal. However, Mother Nature will hook us up most of next week with high pressure (i.e. more sunshine, warmth). So, we just have to get through the first half of the weekend!
In short, we’ll have to dodge a scattered variety of showers or a thunderstorm Friday with a short wave rolling through the region. Saturday still brings a residual shower or two, but then it starts to get good! The trend will favor nicer weather with every passing day, not to mention a gradual warm up as high pressure regains control. Right now, I expect the sunshine to last through at least Wednesday of this coming week.
Meanwhile, we continue to monitor the Atlantic basin, specifically a cluster of showers and storms near the Windward Islands. It now has an even better chance to develop into a tropical depression, eventually a named storm (next name would be Cristobal). It’s important to note the long term track of this system is very uncertain. However, the majority of our model guidance suggests the storm (regardless of strength) would make a right hand turn to impact the Bahamas and potentially Bermuda. That means WE need to watch what this storm will do, too.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: Cookie Monster A Role Model For Kids Learning Self-control?
- Average Thanksgiving Dinner In Philly Costs About $3 Less Than National Average
- Pa. Prison Guard In Training Charged With Having Sex With Inmate In Chapel
- Reading’s ‘Pathetic,’ ‘Ugly’ Holiday Tree To Stay Put
- Grinch Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Holiday Decorations In Gloucester Township