PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run came to end on Thursday night, as they fell to Chicago, Illinois 6-5 in nail-biting fashion. The Dragons, lead by their 13-year-old female pitcher Mo’ne Davis, represented Philadelphia beautifully and the city couldn’t be prouder.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- No. 2 Villanova Clinches Fourth Straight Big East Regular-Season Title
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’