PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies are in last place and fans are clamoring for a reason to get excited. Well, look no further than Rusney Castillo.
According a Jayston Stark report, the Phillies are among five finalists for the 27-year-old Cuban outfielder. The other four teams include the Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants.
The going-rate for Castillo, according to the ESPN.com report, is five years worth about $50 to $60 million. Castillo, despite being only 5’9″, 185-pounds, has incredible power and will likely be ready to contribute at the Major League level as early as this season.
Castillo is expected to choose a team within the next week, sources say.
Highlights of Castillo below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Braves Offense Comes Up Big As They Crush Phillies, 12-2
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- 3-0 Eagles Now Have 10th Shortest Super Bowl Odds