PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies are in last place and fans are clamoring for a reason to get excited. Well, look no further than Rusney Castillo.
According a Jayston Stark report, the Phillies are among five finalists for the 27-year-old Cuban outfielder. The other four teams include the Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants.
The going-rate for Castillo, according to the ESPN.com report, is five years worth about $50 to $60 million. Castillo, despite being only 5’9″, 185-pounds, has incredible power and will likely be ready to contribute at the Major League level as early as this season.
Castillo is expected to choose a team within the next week, sources say.
Highlights of Castillo below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Revenge Not On Villanova’s Mind Ahead Of Rematch With Butler
- Report: MLB To Get Rid Of Intentional Walks For 2017 Season
- Widener Hoops Looks To Stay Hot In Conference Tournament
- Phillies’ Michael Saunders Credits Mother Who Battled Breast Cancer For Person He Is Today
- Made-Up Trade: 76ers, Lakers, Pistons Andre Drummond Blockbuster