Report: Phils Finalists For Cuban Outfielder Rusney Castillo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies are in last place and fans are clamoring for a reason to get excited. Well, look no further than Rusney Castillo.
According a Jayston Stark report, the Phillies are among five finalists for the 27-year-old Cuban outfielder. The other four teams include the Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants.
The going-rate for Castillo, according to the ESPN.com report, is five years worth about $50 to $60 million. Castillo, despite being only 5’9″, 185-pounds, has incredible power and will likely be ready to contribute at the Major League level as early as this season.
Castillo is expected to choose a team within the next week, sources say.
Highlights of Castillo below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Eagles Sign Former Villanova Running Back, Kevin Monangai
- Rookie Spotlight: Amari Cooper Looks To Bring Life To Oakland Raiders Passing Game
- Center City Wall Now Stands To Honor Phillies History
- Brown, Howard Lead Phillies Over Braves 9-3