By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- PSPCA Ride-Along Shows Front Line Of Fighting Against Animal Cruelty
- Caught On Camera: Cat Clings To Van Going 60 MPH
- Police Investigating Possible Arson Attempt After Man Gets Shot While Checking Gas Odor
- Video Captures Apparent Sledgehammer Attack In Port Richmond
- Former Upper Darby Township Employee Accused Of Embezzling Over $200,000
- Man Charged With Dozens Of Sex Crimes Against Multiple Young Children
- Study: 1 In 4 People Have Yet To See Iconic Landmarks In Their Own City
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Man In Connection With Boat Crash On Delaware River
- Landmark Research Could Lead To New Treatment For People With Lung Diseases
- 4 Charged In Connection To Stabbing Death Of Paulsboro Teen