LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- Hotel Rooms Still Available For Pope’s Visit To Philadelphia
- PA: Month #2 With No Budget And No Sign Of Deal
- Hamels Takes Out Ad In Sunday Paper Thanking Phillies Fans
- SEPTA Papal Passes Set To Go On Sale Via Online Lottery
- ‘Dark Money’ Disclosure Rules Now The Law In Philadelphia
- Dozens Of Child Support Offenders Arrested In Burlington County
- Philly U. Students Create School Products Designed To Help Their Peers
- Area Doctors Using New Procedure To Treat Rotator Cuff Tears
- Pa. Convention Center To Host International Convention Of The Knights Of Columbus
- Boy, 10, Shot And Wounded In Chester