LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- Weather: Frigid Air Before Sunday Snow
- Weight Loss Program Email Sparks Outrage At Local College
- Police: No Charges In Reported Carjacking Attempt Involving Homeland Security Agent In Wilmington
- Snow Squalls Make Their Way Through The Region
- Lawmaker Proposes Naming I-84 Exit After Slain Pa. Trooper
- Car Crashes Into Cherry Hill Home
- PLCB OKs Gift Ban For Employees
- Family And Friends Vow To Continue Searching For Missing Mount Laurel Mother
- McCord Resigns Immediately, Plans To Plead Guilty
- Some NJ Police Departments Hiring ‘Class II’ Officers To Save Money