LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- Positively Philadelphia: Alita Moses, Student Exemplar of Jazz
- Fifty Years Ago, The Phillies Suffered An Epic Collapse
- Governor Christie Vents Frustration Over Bridgegate Probe
- Infrastructure Funding Largely Tapped Out, Even For A Daily Need Such As Drinking Water
- Philadelphia Union Announces 4-Year Partnership Extension With Army And Naval Academy
- New App Helps Monitor Daily Mental Health
- Phillies Fan Documenting 1964 Season Collapse On Twitter
- Community Leaders Organize Hands Across Philadelphia Anti-Violence March
- City Councilman Introduces Bill To Reimburse South Phila. Residents For 2012 Water Main Break
- One Night Showing Of ‘Fed Up’ Documentary In Bucks County