LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- Philadelphia-Based Service Group Heads To Boston, Mass. For Snow Relief Duty
- Police: Couple Who Headed Youth Soccer Group Stole $40,000
- Police: Suspect Charged After Reportedly Stabbing Man In Head With Steak Knife
- Area Roadways Slowly Recovering After Biggest Snowfall Of Season
- Suspects Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of Philadelphia Police Officer
- 1 Injured In Truck-Snow Plow Crash In South Jersey
- The Calm (And Cold!) After The Storm
- Words Of Philadelphia Children Become Part Of New Requiem For Sandy Hook Victims
- City Of Wilmington Offices Opening 2 Hours Late Due To Inclement Weather
- Fire Breaks Out Inside Northeast Philly Church