LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- PECO: Call For Help If Working Power Lines On Property
- AC Radio Pioneer Calls It A Career After Almost 60 Years On The Air
- Local Congressman Puts Papal Tickets To DC Event Up For A Lottery
- Amateur Radio Operators Plan To Celebrate Papal Visit With Special Stations On Air
- Positively Philadelphia: Greenfest Hits Headhouse Square In September
- Man Critically Injured In North Philly Shooting
- Authorities Investigate Arson At Northeast Philly Home
- Man Shot In Head In Delaware
- Naked, Body-Painted Bicyclists Ride Through Philly
- Delco Police Arrest Gas Station Worker Who Groped Customer