LLWS Ride Continues For Taney Dragons As Support Grows
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons’ Little League World Series run is bringing attention and support for the entire program.
Watching his Taney team keeps Louis Cammisa on the edge of his seat.
“It’s kind of surreal,” he says. “Kind of nervewracking. Anxious, excited. Everything — all of the above, right there.”
Cammisa is a Taney board member who also assembles its tournament teams. He says this group sets an example for the entire program:
“You see them for what they are, as good players and all, but seeing them gel like this is just something that you hope every team in Taney’s taking notes and that they realize that they can do this too, if they just do the same thing.”
Cammisa says it’s more unnerving being a spectator — because if you’re a coach or a player, you have some measure of control over what happens on the field.
- FBI Probes Cyberattack At Rutgers University
- Police Search For Armed Prisoner After Virginia Hospital Escape
- Study Says Philadelphians Spend Nearly Three Days A Year Stuck In Traffic
- She Spent 10 Weeks In Liberia Fighting Ebola; A Philadelphia Doctor Shares Her Story Back Home
- As City Council Launches Budget Hearings, Nutter’s Tax Hike Plan For School Funding Appears On Life Support
- Study: Family Income And Parental Education Could Have An Impact On Child’s Brain Structure
- 1 Reportedly Dead In Darby Township House Fire
- Police: Teen Shot In Foot In West Philadelphia
- Lawyer: Mumia Abu-Jamal Hospitalized For Unknown Reason
- Jury Awards $38.5 Million-Plus In Fatal Shooting At Plant In Northeast Philadelphia