PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — You may surprised to hear that Eagles fans are not among the most passionate in the NFL. In fact, according to Forbes, Eagles fans aren’t even among the top-10 NFL fan bases.
Forbes ranked the top NFL fan bases based on five different criteria: hometown crowd reach, three years worth of TV ratings (per Nielsen), three years of stadium attendance, three years worth of merchandise sales, and social media reach.
The Green Bay Packers were collectively ranked as the best fan base, according to the study. The Packers were ranked first in hometown crowd reach, stadium attendance, and social media rank.
Rounding out the top-five are the Denver Broncos, the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots, and the Baltimore Ravens.
Full top-10 list here.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Fandom Will Be Split At Center City Bar On Super Bowl Sunday
- Steelers Fans Rooting For Eagles Out Of Hatred For Patriots
- Eagles Running Back Blount Makes Surprise Visit To South Philly School
- NFL To Donate 100 Percent Of Underdog T-Shirt Profits To Philly School District
- Eagles To Don Midnight Green Super Bowl LII Jerseys Versus Patriots