PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — You may surprised to hear that Eagles fans are not among the most passionate in the NFL. In fact, according to Forbes, Eagles fans aren’t even among the top-10 NFL fan bases.
Forbes ranked the top NFL fan bases based on five different criteria: hometown crowd reach, three years worth of TV ratings (per Nielsen), three years of stadium attendance, three years worth of merchandise sales, and social media reach.
The Green Bay Packers were collectively ranked as the best fan base, according to the study. The Packers were ranked first in hometown crowd reach, stadium attendance, and social media rank.
Rounding out the top-five are the Denver Broncos, the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots, and the Baltimore Ravens.
Full top-10 list here.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Topps Selling Baseball Card Collection For Over $20,000
- Eagles Week 14 Injury Report: Jordan Matthews And Ryan Mathews Expected To Return
- What To Look For In Eagles/Redskins Sunday
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album
- Watch: PSU Fan Surprised With Rose Bowl Tickets Breaks Down