By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The defense in the fatal Salvation Army collapse case has submitted its initial witness list, and Mayor Michael Nutter heads the high profile list.
The defense alleges no wrongdoing by the Mayor but wants testimony and evidence from the city’s Chief Executive and other top city and L & I officials for the defense.
The defense wants all relevant information on negotiations and other communication on the building demolition prior to the collapse that killed six people and injured over a dozen others, and information developed during all inquiries and investigations after the collapse.
Defense attorney Daine Grey represents Sean Benschop, the heavy equipment operator charged in the collapse. Benschop and co-defendant Griffin Campbell, the demolition contractor, have pleaded not guilty.
The mayor, through a spokesman, has declined comment on the pending litigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Continue To Look For Killer In Maple Shade Double Murder
- Officer-Involved Shooting Leaves Philadelphia Man Dead In Delaware
- North Carolina Lawmakers Announce Deal To End HB2 Standoff
- Therapy Chickens? Backyard Hen Brings Comfort To Many In Philly Area
- WEATHER BLOG: Sun Returns But Threat of Heavy Rain On The Way