Mayor Nutter Heads Initial Witness List Submitted By Defense In Fatal Center City Building Collapse
By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The defense in the fatal Salvation Army collapse case has submitted its initial witness list, and Mayor Michael Nutter heads the high profile list.
The defense alleges no wrongdoing by the Mayor but wants testimony and evidence from the city’s Chief Executive and other top city and L & I officials for the defense.
The defense wants all relevant information on negotiations and other communication on the building demolition prior to the collapse that killed six people and injured over a dozen others, and information developed during all inquiries and investigations after the collapse.
Defense attorney Daine Grey represents Sean Benschop, the heavy equipment operator charged in the collapse. Benschop and co-defendant Griffin Campbell, the demolition contractor, have pleaded not guilty.
The mayor, through a spokesman, has declined comment on the pending litigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- California Chrome Arrives At Parx Racing For Saturday’s Pennsylvania Derby
- Brotherly Love: Bringing A Church Basement Back To Life
- EXCLUSIVE: Family Speaks Out After Girl Escapes Alleged Abduction In Delaware County
- Planning Goes On While Awaiting Pontiff’s Official Word on Phila. Visit, Chaput Says
- Children’s Hospital Confirms Four ‘Enterovirus D68′ Cases Found Here