By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The defense in the fatal Salvation Army collapse case has submitted its initial witness list, and Mayor Michael Nutter heads the high profile list.
The defense alleges no wrongdoing by the Mayor but wants testimony and evidence from the city’s Chief Executive and other top city and L & I officials for the defense.
The defense wants all relevant information on negotiations and other communication on the building demolition prior to the collapse that killed six people and injured over a dozen others, and information developed during all inquiries and investigations after the collapse.
Defense attorney Daine Grey represents Sean Benschop, the heavy equipment operator charged in the collapse. Benschop and co-defendant Griffin Campbell, the demolition contractor, have pleaded not guilty.
The mayor, through a spokesman, has declined comment on the pending litigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- SEPTA Ensures They Are All About Safety Following Hoboken Train Crash
- Trump Advisers Weigh Putting Christie In Charge Of Debate Prep
- Debate Rhetoric Brings Weight Bias Into Spotlight, Experts Say
- Philly Woman Honored By White House For Helping Girls Of Color
- Teachers Learning About Law, Government In Philadelphia