Eagles Trade For Kicker Cody Parkey
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Howard Scores Career-High 18, Penn Beats Dartmouth 58-51
- Carter-Williams Leads Sixers Past Timberwolves 103-94
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign