PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Eagles-Cowboys To Be Officiated By Crew With Highest Flag Rate
- Sixers Fan Says Russell Westbrook Called Him ‘Fat Boy,’ Per Report
- SNF Producer On Eagles-Cowboys: ‘May Be NFL’s Game Of The Year’
- Philly Ranked Second Best Region To Bike In U.S.
- Coyotes Pull Ahead, Top Flyers 5-4