PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Picture This: ‘Wentz-Simmons 2016’ Sign At Debate
- Steelers O-Lineman To Brandon Graham: ‘See You Guys In The Super Bowl’
- Peter King: ‘Eagles Are Legitimate Deep-Into-January Contenders’
- Gordon Homers Leading Off As Marlins Mourn Fernandez
- 76ers Center Noel: Too Many Bigs On Team, ‘Just A Logjam’