PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Army Holds Off Temple 31-28 In Overtime
- Simmonds’ Late Goal Lifts Flyers Over Struggling Oilers, 2-1
- It’s About Winning Now For The Sixers—And It Isn’t Happening Yet
- 76ers Fall To Celtics 102-92 In Home Opener
- Friday Football Frenzy: Garnet Valley Jaguars Head Football Coach Mike Ricci Preaches ‘Oneness’