Eagles Trade For Kicker Cody Parkey
Eagles CentralBuy Eagles Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Kelly On Peters: ‘I Thought He Was Channeling His Inner Craig Berube’
- Kelly Responds To Williams: ‘We’ll Sit Down Tomorrow’
- Eagles Players React To Baker’s Dirty Hit And Peters’ Defense Of Foles
- Team Grades: If There Is A Grade For Grittiness, Eagles Get “A” vs. Redskins
- Cary Williams: Is Kelly’s System Draining The Eagles?