Eagles Trade For Kicker Cody Parkey
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Struggling Phillies Fall To Braves 9-5 On Independence Day
- Matt Stonie Tops Joey Chestnut In Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Now Is The Time To Trade Overachievers For Underachievers In Fantasy Baseball
- Phils Edged By Braves 2-1 In Series Opener
- Best Performances By Athletes On Their Birthdays