PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- LeSean McCoy Addresses Alleged Assault For First Time
- Sixers Let Commanding Lead Collapse, Fall To Kings 114-110
- Can Cam And The Panthers Contend Again?
- Jahlil Okafor Is Borrowing Elton Brand’s Land Rover
- Eagles Re-Sign Najee Goode To One-Year Deal