PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- After Several Drops, Ryan Lochte Lands Endorsement Deal With ‘Forgiving’ Company
- Doug Pederson Reflects On Russell Wilson As An Eagle
- Zach Ertz Responds: ‘Excited To See Josh Norman In New Scheme’
- Report: Eagles Shopping For Corners
- Andy Reid: Fletcher Cox Told Me About Dak Prescott In 2012