PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Steelers Hold Off Chiefs On Boswell’s 6 Field Goals, 18-16
- Price’s Hot Hand Helps La Salle Drop G Washington 79-69
- Packers Beats Cowboys; Advance To NFC Championship
- Jahlil Okafor’s Dad Threatens Blogger
- Brett Brown Donates $2,000 To ‘Bus The Process’ Trip