PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced Wednesday they have traded running back David Fluellen to the Colts, for kicker Cody Parkey.
Parkey, 22, was first in the nation with 69 touchbacks at Auburn in 2013. He ranks top-five in all Auburn kicking categories. The Eagles already had two kickers, Alex Henery and Casey Spear, on their roster. Spear is a rookie, while Henery has three years of experience, but struggled last season going 23-28 on field goal attempts.
Fluellen, 22, is a rookie running back from Toledo. The Eagles acquired former Panthers running back, Kenjon Barner, in a trade on Tuesday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Lamb, Diamondbacks Rally Past Phillies 9-2
- Phillies Erupt Late For Win Over Diamondbacks
- NHL Draft: Flyers Trade Brayden Schenn
- Man Tattoos LeBron James’ Crying Face On His Leg
- Flyers Select Nolan Patrick With No. 2 Pick