6 Injured In Ambulance, SUV Crash In Philadelphia
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Six people were injured, one critically, during a three-vehicle crash that involved an ambulance in Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at about 8:30 a.m. at Chew Avenue and Washington Lane in Northwest Philadelphia.
Chopper 3 HD was over the scene shortly after the crash where it showed both the ambulance and the SUV on the sidewalk in front of a laundromat business. A third vehicle was also involved in the crash.
Authorities say a total of six people were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of various injuries. One of the injured was listed in critical condition.
The laundromat was not damaged in the crash, but it has been temporarily shut down while Philadelphia Gas Works crews check for possible gas leaks and the building’s stability is evaluated.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Reading’s ‘Ugly’ Tree To Be Decorated In ‘Charlie Brown’ Fashion
- Police: Boyfriend Stabbed Over Thanksgiving Dinner
- Gov. Christie On Ferguson Protests: People Are Anxious, And Pres. Obama Is Partly To Blame
- Final Member Of Family Shot In Tabernacle Dies
- Pa. Banker, Philanthropist Leo Moskovitz Dies At 109