By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Six people were injured, one critically, during a three-vehicle crash that involved an ambulance in Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at about 8:30 a.m. at Chew Avenue and Washington Lane in Northwest Philadelphia.
Chopper 3 HD was over the scene shortly after the crash where it showed both the ambulance and the SUV on the sidewalk in front of a laundromat business. A third vehicle was also involved in the crash.
Authorities say a total of six people were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of various injuries. One of the injured was listed in critical condition.
The laundromat was not damaged in the crash, but it has been temporarily shut down while Philadelphia Gas Works crews check for possible gas leaks and the building’s stability is evaluated.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Same-Sex Marriage Might Decrease Teen Suicide Rates, Says Study
- Bill Cosby Tweets ‘Legacy Can’t Be Abolished’ After Being Left Out Of TV Special
- Police Forced To Stop ‘High-Five Fridays’ In Massachusetts
- People Like Taking Selfies But Not Seeing Them Online: Study
- Research Suggests Dogs Can Sense When We’re Being Mean