By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Six people were injured, one critically, during a three-vehicle crash that involved an ambulance in Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at about 8:30 a.m. at Chew Avenue and Washington Lane in Northwest Philadelphia.
Chopper 3 HD was over the scene shortly after the crash where it showed both the ambulance and the SUV on the sidewalk in front of a laundromat business. A third vehicle was also involved in the crash.
Authorities say a total of six people were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of various injuries. One of the injured was listed in critical condition.
The laundromat was not damaged in the crash, but it has been temporarily shut down while Philadelphia Gas Works crews check for possible gas leaks and the building’s stability is evaluated.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- 9-Year-Old Asks For Stuffed Animal Donations Instead Of Birthday Presents
- A Woman Chases Down A Wallet Thief — And Then Buys Him Coffee
- KFC Apologizes For Chicken Shortage With A Hilarious Hidden Message
- HBO Biopic Starring Al Pacino As Penn State’s Joe Paterno Premieres April 7
- Fashion House Selling Luxury Plastic Bag For Hundreds Of Dollars