‘Yappy Hour’ Held In Center City To Benefit Local Animal Rescues
By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Center City hotel served up some cocktails to benefit canines Tuesday night.
Not a happy hour here at the Loew’s Hotel, but a “Yappy Hour” benefiting Street Tails Animal Rescue from Philadelphia and All 4 Paws Rescue out of Chester County.
“We take dogs from death row from the high-kill shelters. So we’re giving them another chance at life,” says Kristen Geddes, Founder and Executive Director of All 4 Paws.
She had two friends with her.
“This is Macho, he’s a Doberman. One-year-old, he was actually found as a stray in Philadelphia. He had been abused and he’s looking for a home. The other one I have is Kahlua, a five-year-old shepherd mix. She unfortunately was also abused,” says Geddes.
Macho and Kahlua were unavailable for comment, but for more information on the organizations, visit:
You may also be interested in:
- Tree Down, Blocking Traffic In Chestnut Hill
- Police: Woman Allegedly Abducted And Sexually Assaulted In Fishtown
- Cops: Alleged Northeast Philly Bush Bandit Turns Himself In
- Philadelphia Elections Get High-Tech Examination Ahead of May Primary
- Police Officer Taken To Hospital Following Motorcycle Accident In Bucks County