Wilmington Man Charged With 4th DUI After Crash That Injured 3
MIDDLETOWN, Del. (CBS) – Police have charged a man with his fourth DUI after a late night crash that injured three people, including the accused, in Delaware on Monday.
Forty-eight-year-old Allen K. Belile, of Wilmington, was reportedly driving a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse and was traveling south on DE Rt. 301 in the area of Marl Pit Road in Middletown when he attempted to pass a tractor-trailer traveling south in front of him.
In doing so, Belile’s vehicle entered the northbound lanes of the road, where it struck a 1991 Nissan NX operated by David M. Reyne, 42, of Newark, Del. head-on.
The Mitsubishi came to rest on the shoulder of the highway, while the Nissan rotated and then came to a stop facing south in the northbound lane.
Allen Belile, David Reyne and a 49-year-old male passenger in Belile’s car were taken to Christiana Hospital Trauma Center where they are being treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Allen Belile is charged with one count of 4th Offense Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, two counts of Vehicular Assault 1st degree, one count of Reckless Driving Alcohol Related, and one count of Failure to have Proof of Motor Vehicle Insurance. Belile will be arrested and arraigned when he’s released from the Christiana Hospital.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Experts Discuss Picking Up The Pieces After Ferguson Riots
- Free Philadelphia Parking Saturdays Of Holiday Shopping Season Returns
- Conshohocken Merchants Provide Unique Black Friday Shopping Experience
- Camden County Testing Out Ice Skating Rink At Cooper River Park
- Special Protections Provided For Immigrants From Countries Hit Hard By Ebola