Water Main Break In Northeast Philadelphia Leaves Dozens Of Homes, Businesses Without Service
By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A water main break in Northeast Philadelphia left dozens of homes and businesses without service Tuesday night.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. at Lardner and Farnsworth Streets in Mayfair. Water department spokesman John DiGiulio said a fire hydrant was being opened illegally when a six-inch water main burst. Crews arrived and DiGiulio said 60 properties lost service.
“It is important the citizens in the City understand that illegally opening a fire hydrant can cause water main breaks just like this one,” he said.
Service is expected to be restored at some point Tuesday night. DiGiulio said there does not appear to be any damage to any of the properties.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- PennDOT Reducing Speeds On Area Expressways
- Community Cancellations: Sunday, March 1
- WEATHER: Month Changes, But Nothing Else
- Road Crews Prepare For Latest Winter Storm
- Police Searching For Cop Impersonator In Camden