PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — On Tuesday, the Eagles decided to tackle the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The entire team accepted the challenge.
It would have taken quite a long time to individual dump water on every member of the team so the Eagles decided to take more of a time saving approach to the challenge. Have you seen a version of the Ice Bucket Challenge that includes the use of dump trucks?
The team piled into an above ground swimming pool filled with ice cold water. The players were joined by Head Coach Chip Kelly, General Manager Howie Roseman and Team President Don Smolenski. As the team stood in the pool, three dump trucks dumped water upon them.
The gesture was very meaningful for one particular Eagle, LeSean McCoy, whose Grandmother passed away after suffering from ALS. Smolenski also paid homage to former Eagle Kevin Turner who was diagnosed with the disease in 2010.
CLICK HERE to watch video of the Eagles’ ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The Challenge begins at the 1:10 mark.
Click here for more information on the ALS Association and the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Zobrist, Montero Homer, Lackey Sharp As Cubs Sweep Phillies
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Hendricks Pitches 5-hitter, Cubs Beat Phillies 4-1
- Police: Pelicans Guard Dejean-Jones Fatally Shot In Dallas
- LeBron James Headed To 6th Straight NBA Finals, Cavaliers Await Opponent