By David Madden
WOOLWICH Twp., N.J., (CBS) — UPDATE: The missing man has been found. He is safe and has returned to the assisted living facility where he resides.
South Jersey residents are asked to keep an eye out for a man who police say walked away from his assisted living facility Monday evening in a rural part of Gloucester County.
Police in Woolwich Township are conducting searches on the ground and in the air for 36-year-old Michael Lawton.
“The individual is handicapped and he would need direction. He’s very shy. He won’t approach anyone if he did need help,” Police Chief Russell Marino said.
He’s believed to have the mental capacity of a 10-year-old. Lawton is a black male, 5’9”, 185 pounds and was wearing a yellow t-shit and pajama pants when he was last seen. He has family in the Camden area.
Police say he was last seen, on foot, running northbound from the facility on Viereck Road.
If you see him, you’re asked to call police immediately.
You may also be interested in:
- Montgomery County DA: Two New Jersey Men Arrested For Child Sex Crimes
- Jefferson Medical Students Receive Their White Coats
- MAC Cosmetics To Give Away Free Lipstick To Celebrate National Lipstick Day
- DA’s Office: Neighbor Charged With First-Degree Murder In Couple’s Shooting Death
- Developers Get Sneak Peek At 30th Street Station Renovations