By David Madden
WOOLWICH Twp., N.J., (CBS) — UPDATE: The missing man has been found. He is safe and has returned to the assisted living facility where he resides.
South Jersey residents are asked to keep an eye out for a man who police say walked away from his assisted living facility Monday evening in a rural part of Gloucester County.
Police in Woolwich Township are conducting searches on the ground and in the air for 36-year-old Michael Lawton.
“The individual is handicapped and he would need direction. He’s very shy. He won’t approach anyone if he did need help,” Police Chief Russell Marino said.
He’s believed to have the mental capacity of a 10-year-old. Lawton is a black male, 5’9”, 185 pounds and was wearing a yellow t-shit and pajama pants when he was last seen. He has family in the Camden area.
Police say he was last seen, on foot, running northbound from the facility on Viereck Road.
If you see him, you’re asked to call police immediately.
You may also be interested in:
- State Workers Send Holiday Cheer To 900 Pennsylvanians
- Kellyanne Conway Makes Grand Return To Hometown In South Jersey
- Unemployment Comp Workers At Heart If Spat Between Wolf, PA GOP
- Six Flags Breaks World Record For Most Couples Kissing Under Mistletoe
- New Study Finds South Jersey Not Receiving Fair Share Of State Funds On Various Fronts