PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Hisashi Iwakuma struck out a season-high 11 batters in eight scoreless innings and Kyle Seager homered to lead the Seattle Mariners to a 5-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
Mike Zunino was 0-for-17 before getting two hits and driving in two runs. The Mariners have won 11 of their last 14.
Iwakuma (12-6) was masterful while allowing four hits and no walks. Since July 1, the right-hander is 7-2 with a 1.63 ERA, 65 strikeouts and four walks in 72 innings over 10 starts.
The Phillies, who have scored three runs or less 65 times this season, got just one batter to second base against Iwakuma.
A.J. Burnett (6-14) lost his fifth straight decision and dropped to 0-6 with a 6.41 ERA in seven starts since the All-Star break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- You Can Now Stream Phillies Games On Your Smartphone Or Tablet
- Philly Native Jordan Morgan Turning NFL Heads
- CBS Sports’ Nantz, Simms, Cowher, Gonzalez Analyze NFL Championships
- Jerry Rice Criticized For Popeyes Commercial
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS