PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Hisashi Iwakuma struck out a season-high 11 batters in eight scoreless innings and Kyle Seager homered to lead the Seattle Mariners to a 5-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
Mike Zunino was 0-for-17 before getting two hits and driving in two runs. The Mariners have won 11 of their last 14.
Iwakuma (12-6) was masterful while allowing four hits and no walks. Since July 1, the right-hander is 7-2 with a 1.63 ERA, 65 strikeouts and four walks in 72 innings over 10 starts.
The Phillies, who have scored three runs or less 65 times this season, got just one batter to second base against Iwakuma.
A.J. Burnett (6-14) lost his fifth straight decision and dropped to 0-6 with a 6.41 ERA in seven starts since the All-Star break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Santoliquito: Can Anyone Beat Villanova?
- Phillies Name Clearwater Minor League Training Facility For Club Chairman David Montgomery
- Joel Embiid Calls Out Colin Cowherd After Winning 40th Game
- Snow Proves Tough Competition For Villanova On Road To Sweet 16
- 76ers Rest Starters In 4th Quarter After Thumping Grizzlies