By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Lyft’s ‘Taco Mode’ Brings Riders To Closest Taco Bell
- Tiger Cub Born At Philadelphia Zoo Finds New Home
- Ocean City Baseball Player Breaks Neck While Swimming
- Police Search For Man Stealing Car Batteries Out Of Jeeps
- Philadelphia Honors First African-American In Space Col. Guion Bluford