By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Prosecutors Want To Call 19 Other Accusers At Cosby Retrial
- Doctor Warns That Being An Eagles Fan Could Be Hazardous To Your Health
- ‘Lots Of Joking And Teasing’: Two New Jersey Rabbis Stand Divided For NFC Championship Game
- Judge: South Jersey Doctor Must Stay In Jail Before Trial On Wife Slaying
- House Votes To Avert Federal Shutdown, Senate Chances Dim