By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Trump Administration Announces New Travel Restrictions
- Small Plane Crash At Montgomery County Residence Leaves 1 Injured
- Philadelphia Holds Annual Puerto Rican Day Parade
- Merkel Gets Fourth Term, German Voters Deliver Far-Right Surge
- Two Women Shot Overnight In Philadelphia