By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- School Bus Carrying Nearly 30 Lenape High Students Involved In Medford Crash
- Dozens Hurt In Western Pennsylvania As Snow Causes Multiple Pileups
- Man Charged After Allegedly Telling Passerby He Killed His Mother
- Funeral For New Jersey State Trooper Frankie Williams To Be Held Monday
- JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s And Sears Sued Over Misleading Prices