By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hillary Clinton To Make One Last Appearance In Philly; Police Ready
- DNC Over, But Is There Real Unity For New Jersey Democrats?
- DNC Over; Back To Work To Fix New Jersey’s Transportation Trust Fund
- Crowds Gather In Rain For Northern Libs DNC Watch Party
- 4-Star General Delivers Forceful Case For Clinton At DNC