By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Movie Review: Swiss Army Man
- Wilmington Police Seek Suspect After Alleged Daytime Sexual Assault
- Dad Mocks Daughter’s Social Media Selfies
- Preparations Kick Into High Gear For Philly’s 4th Of July Celebration
- Lady Gaga, Lenny Kravitz And DJ Jazzy Jeff To Perform In Camden For DNC Concert