By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- First Center City Medical Cannabis Dispensary To Open In Fall
- Seal Rescued After Being Caught Napping Near Amusement Park In Delaware
- Cosby Jurors Ask Judge For Legal Definition Of Consent
- Foreign Tick Found In New Jersey Could Pose Serious Threat To Humans
- Cat Undergoes Surgery After Being Shot In Spine With Pellet Gun