By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Release Surveillance Video Of Alleged Arsonist
- City Council Committee Holds Hearing After Trump Announces Plans To Remove Funding From Sanctuary Cities
- Group Asks Women To Post Selfies Without Wearing Makeup To Raise Awareness For Eating Disorders
- Several Jewish Community Centers Evacuated Due To Threats
- City Councilwoman Fighting For Retirement Security Measure