SEPTA Bus Catches Fire Near Penn’s Landing
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Two Sea Lions Born At Six Flag Great Adventure In Ocean County
- Exclusive: Boyfriend Of Port Richmond Mother Fatally Shot Speaks Out
- Officials: Allentown Building Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide Detection
- Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In Brewerytown
- Petition Delivered In Support Of Fired Catholic School Teacher, Calling For Reinstatement