SEPTA Bus Catches Fire Near Penn’s Landing
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Fire Rips Through Vacant Warehouse In North Philadelphia
- Little League World Series Run Leads To Influx Of Players In The Taney Baseball League
- Camden, NJ Seeking Teens And Adults To Help Run Its Summer Recreational Programs
- Prize From Grammy Foundation Is Music To The Ears Of Students At South Philly Magnet School
- Report Says Facebook Meeting With News Companies About Hosting Their Content On The Social Network