By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Scott Franzke: Baseball Lost ‘Great Young Talent’ With Tragic Death Of Jose Fernandez
- Charles Osgood Signs Off From ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ After 22 years
- 2 Men Charged In Parking Lot Altercation At Rutgers Campus
- Eagles Fans Hope Team Can Cook Up Win Against Steelers
- Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez Killed In Boating Accident