By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Early Memorial Day Ceremony Held In West Philadelphia
- David Creato’s Jury Goes Second Full Day Without Reaching Verdict
- Man Accused Of Punching Man With Cerebral Palsy Wanted For Probation Violation
- Philadelphia Elementary School Wraps Up Food Distribution Program
- Crews Stop Large Propylene Leak In Gloucester County After Evacuations