SEPTA Bus Catches Fire Near Penn’s Landing
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Phila. Council Committee OKs Overhaul Of How City Handles Large Buildings
- Owners: Taj Mahal To Stay Open Throughout November
- New Waterfront Conference Center Hits Construction Milestone In Atlantic City
- Weather: A Windy, Cloudy And Rainy Wednesday Night
- Bobcat That Escaped From New Jersey Home Captured–Again