SEPTA Bus Catches Fire Near Penn’s Landing
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Manhunt Continues For Suspect In Pa. Barracks Shooting
- Some Businesses In Haddonfield, NJ Now Able To Sell Alcohol
- EXCLUSIVE: Philadelphia City Hall’s Illuminated Clock Tower Gets Modern Makeover
- Local Advocate Working Against Domestic Violence Weighs In On Roger Goodell’s News Conference
- Lansdowne Theater Holding Fundraiser To Restore Its Historic Splendor