SEPTA Bus Catches Fire Near Penn’s Landing
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 1 Killed In Burlington County House Fire
- Facebook Urging Users To Donate To Nepal Quake Relief Effort
- WEATHER: A Pleasant Next Two Days
- Stockton Univ. President Saatkamp Leaves 4 Months Sooner Than Announced
- Police Trying To ID Men Who Vandalized Shuttered Penn State Frat House