By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Movie Review: ‘A Tale of Love and Darkness’
- Police: Man Crashes Into Phila. Police Cruiser, Driving Stolen Vehicle
- Officials Seek Suspect After Woman Is Robbed At Gunpoint On SEPTA Platform
- Philadelphia Couple Celebrates 75 Years Of Wedded Bliss
- Police: Man Hospitalized After Attack In Lawncrest