By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fire erupted inside the engine of an out-of-service Route 33 SEPTA bus late this morning along Chestnut Street in the Penn’s Landing area.
Firefighters quickly responded to the smoky blaze and extinguished it. Pedestrians reported heavy smoke coming from the vehicle just before firefighters arrived.
No one was on the bus at the time.
There were no reports of injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Driver Shot And Killed, Crashes Vehicle Into West Philadelphia Building
- David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ Superstar, In Critical Condition
- AC/DC Co-Founder, Guitarist Malcolm Young Dies At 64
- Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Causing Major Headache For Motorists
- ‘It Was Pandemonium’: Resident Recounts Rescue From West Chester Senior Living Facility Fire