Police Arrest Delaware Man For Alleged Assault On Police K-9
BEAR, Del. (CBS) – Police have arrested a 30-year-old man from Delaware after he allegedly assaulted a police K-9 early Sunday morning.
The incident began around 1:40 a.m. after troopers responded to the scene of the Las Palmeras Restaurant and Night Club in Bear, Delaware, for the report of a man with a gun.
Upon arrival, authorities were contacted by a male victim who said the suspect, identified as Carlos E. Garcia-Antonio, had pointed a handgun at him after confronting him in a parking lot.
When troopers attempted to contact Garcia-Antonio, he fled on foot towards Pulaski Highway. A state police K-9 was deployed and knocked Garcia-Antonio to the ground. Then, Garcia-Antonio kicked the K-9 and fled again.
The K-9 was soon able to engage Garcia-Antonio a second time and he was placed under arrest.
Troopers also located a fully loaded semi-automatic handgun in the parking lot.
Garcia-Antonio was charged with Aggravated Menacing, Offensive Touching of a Law Enforcement Officer, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, Resisting Arrest, Possession of Firearm while under the Influence of Alcohol and Assault of a Law Enforcement K-9.
He was arraigned and committed to the Howard Young Correctional Center for lack of $50,000 cash bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Four Remain Hospitalized Following Deadly Amtrak Derailment In Philadelphia
- No Shortage Of Events, Activities Close To Home On Memorial Day Weekend
- New City Website Shows Taxpayers’ Effects Of Proposed School Funding Program
- One Dead In Multi-Vehicle Crash Along Schuylkill Expressway
- New Federal Grant Aims To Improve Safety Along Always-Treacherous Roosevelt Blvd.