Philadelphia’s Dilworth Park Scheduled To Reopen Next Month
By Steve Tawa
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Dilworth Plaza is expected to reopen September 4th after major renovations to the area on the west side of City Hall. Officials are due to give an update on the project Tuesday morning.
Dilworth Plaza will reopen as Dilworth Park once the $55 million renovation – which began in the winter of 2012 – is completed next month.
“It’s the center of Philadelphia, for God’s sake,” says passerby Matt.
Matt is curious, since the barriers surrounding the Dilworth construction site blocking East-West access seem to have been there forever.
“Construction on the highway never gets done on time,” Matt says. “When have you ever seen construction get done on time?”
Reporter: “They originally said it would be completed by the spring of 2014.”
“Yeah, exactly, but I do think it’ll be nice when it is done,” Matt says.
Others agree that the new green park flanking City Hall will be a center stage for all of Philadelphia:
“I think it puts a beautiful face on City Hall, which is already an impeccably beautiful building,” says this passerby.
- Police Search For Missing Man In Northeast Philadelphia
- Hundreds Of Volunteers Join Search For Missing Delaware Mom
- WEATHER: Gather Shovels And Muscles; More Snow Moves In
- Rowan Student Shot At Off-Campus Apartment Complex
- Police: Officer Injured After DUI Driver Strikes Patrol Car In West Philadelphia
- Fire Rips Through Dry Cleaners In West Philadelphia
- Positively Philadelphia: A Small Hotel in Doylestown, Pa.
- Council President Pitches “Super” Idea To Get Universities To Offer More Support To Cash-Strapped Schools
- Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Appeals To Community To Get Behind One Of The Largest Fundraising Campaigns Of The Year
- Road Crews In Philly, NJ Ready As More Bad Weather Heads Our Way