PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The NFL’s reigning rushing champion, Eagles RB LeSean McCoy, told reporters he missed practice on Sunday with a toe injury.
“He [McCoy] said the reason he did not practice yesterday was because of a toe injury,” KYW’s Ed Benkin said Monday, with Rob Ellis and Ray Didinger on 94WIP Afternoons. “It was his left big toe. He said it’s kind of a little bit of a version of turf toe.”
McCoy, who practiced in full on Monday, underwent an X-ray and MRI on his left toe. Both came back negative.
Benkin said McCoy hopes to play in the Eagles preseason game against the Steelers on Thursday night.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- WATCH: Duke Fans Create PSA To Save Jahlil Okafor From Sixers
- Eagles Quarterback Situation Remains Cloudy
- Lane Johnson Says He ‘Really Doesn’t Know’ If Chip Kelly Will Return To Eagles
- Adam Schefter: ‘Signs Seem To Be Piling Up Against’ Chip Kelly Returning To Eagles
- Lane Johnson: Playing At Linc ‘Is Not Really A Home Field Advantage Anymore’