PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The NFL’s reigning rushing champion, Eagles RB LeSean McCoy, told reporters he missed practice on Sunday with a toe injury.
“He [McCoy] said the reason he did not practice yesterday was because of a toe injury,” KYW’s Ed Benkin said Monday, with Rob Ellis and Ray Didinger on 94WIP Afternoons. “It was his left big toe. He said it’s kind of a little bit of a version of turf toe.”
McCoy, who practiced in full on Monday, underwent an X-ray and MRI on his left toe. Both came back negative.
Benkin said McCoy hopes to play in the Eagles preseason game against the Steelers on Thursday night.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- McNabb: Owens Will Get In HOF But Should ‘Stop Talking About It’
- Pete Rose On Phillies’ Wall Of Fame Ballot
- CBS Sports’ Jim Spanarkel On #13 Florida-#11 Kentucky SEC Rematch
- Globetrotters’ ‘Swish’ Young Returning To Philly Grade School As Team Comes To Town
- Sixers Put Target Date On Embiid’s Expected Return