Is A Nutella Shortage On The Way?
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Nutella-lovers the world over could be in for some bad news concerning their favorite chocolate-hazelnut spread.
According to the Financial Times, a frost in Turkey – the world’s largest producer of hazelnuts – back in April coupled with rising cocoa prices could result in a Nutella shortage.
The price per kilogram in Turkish liras of hazelnuts nearly doubled, skyrocketing to TL23 recently from around TL12 ($5.56) earlier this year.
Meanwhile, output forecasts have been slashed from 800,000 tonnes to 520,000 tonnes.
Though some analysts tell the Financial Times that prices might “ease” later this year, the full extent of the frost damage won’t be known until the end of October.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Magee Rehabilitation Hospital Receives $300K Grant For Spinal Cord Injury Medical Home
- Philadelphia City Employees Recognized For Going Above And Beyond
- Medical Marijuana In PA: Less If, More How
- Law Requiring Owners Of Large Office Buildings To Track Energy Usage Expanded To Include Larger Apartment Buildings
- After Supreme Court Ruled Tour Guides Must Be Licensed, Some In Philly Took A Proactive Approach