By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons scored some big TV ratings in the Little League World Series.
If you were watching TV in Philadelphia Sunday night, there’s a decent chance you were watching the Taney Dragons’ walkoff win over Texas in the Little League World Series.
Overnight Nielsen ratings show an average of more than 200,000 area households tuned into Taney on ESPN2, beating its TV competition and doubling the audience of the Phillies in the afternoon. Fans we talked with say Philadelphia is tuning in to watch their new local heroes.
“Anything that’s positive for the city, I think that’s the reason why,” a local fan said.
“Yeah, because we’re excited. Because somebody’s finally winning,” another local fan said.
Fans will no doubt tune in again Wednesday night, to see if the Dragons keep winning.
You may also be interested in:
- Former Philly Prosecutor Is Remembered For His Courtroom Presence
- Police: 2 Men, Teen Blow Up Turtle With Firecrackers In Lancaster County
- Delco Police Have ‘Stern Words’ For Family Of Toddler Found Wandering Near Trolley Tracks
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Info On Shooting Of 8-Year-Old In Camden
- Authorities Bring Down NJ Theft Ring That Targeted People Selling Cars On Craigslist