By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons scored some big TV ratings in the Little League World Series.
If you were watching TV in Philadelphia Sunday night, there’s a decent chance you were watching the Taney Dragons’ walkoff win over Texas in the Little League World Series.
Overnight Nielsen ratings show an average of more than 200,000 area households tuned into Taney on ESPN2, beating its TV competition and doubling the audience of the Phillies in the afternoon. Fans we talked with say Philadelphia is tuning in to watch their new local heroes.
“Anything that’s positive for the city, I think that’s the reason why,” a local fan said.
“Yeah, because we’re excited. Because somebody’s finally winning,” another local fan said.
Fans will no doubt tune in again Wednesday night, to see if the Dragons keep winning.
You may also be interested in:
- Police: Teen Steals School Bus, Crashes Into Parked Car
- Girl, 15, Hurt In Texas School Shooting; 16-Year-Old Student In Custody
- Police: Man Hits Trooper, Horse As Officers Try To Disperse Crowd Outside Linc
- Super Bowl LII Tickets Set To Be The Costliest Ever
- Head-On Crash Leaves 2 People Dead, Man Seriously Injured