Taney Dragons Score Big In Ratings Game
By Mike DeNardo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons scored some big TV ratings in the Little League World Series.
If you were watching TV in Philadelphia Sunday night, there’s a decent chance you were watching the Taney Dragons’ walkoff win over Texas in the Little League World Series.
Overnight Nielsen ratings show an average of more than 200,000 area households tuned into Taney on ESPN2, beating its TV competition and doubling the audience of the Phillies in the afternoon. Fans we talked with say Philadelphia is tuning in to watch their new local heroes.
“Anything that’s positive for the city, I think that’s the reason why,” a local fan said.
“Yeah, because we’re excited. Because somebody’s finally winning,” another local fan said.
Fans will no doubt tune in again Wednesday night, to see if the Dragons keep winning.
You may also be interested in:
- Radnor Police Collect Toys For Children Of Fallen Philadelphia Sergeant Wilson
- Six Flags Great Adventure Announces Plans To Build 90-Acre Solar Farm
- Police: Body Found In Schuylkill River In East Falls
- PSPCA: 19 Dogs Rescued From Lancaster County Home
- Two Center City Intersections Getting Rainbow-Striped Crosswalks For LGBT Pride