South Jersey Man With 32-Year Rap Sheet Sentenced To 18 More
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) — A southern New Jersey man with a criminal record dating back more than 30 years has been handed an 18-year sentence for his latest crime.
Brian Cooper of Paulsboro was found guilty of robbing a Camden woman at a motel in West Deptford in 2012. The crime carries a maximum sentence of 10 years but a state Superior Court judge cited Cooper’s extensive record to justify a longer sentence.
The 53-year-old has 15 felony convictions and 21 misdemeanor and disorderly persons offenses dating back to 1982.
Included are convictions for assault, burglary, illegal possession of a weapon, terroristic threats, possession of a weapon by a felon, possession of drugs, and drug possession with intent to distribute.
Cooper will have to serve about 15 years before he’s eligible for parole.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Borgata Casino Plans Outdoor Concert Hall, New Nightclub
- PennDOT Crews Prepare For Latest Round Of Winter Weather
- Police Continue To Investigate Series Of Reported Attempted Child Lurings In Berks County
- Police: Philadelphia Man Charged With Murder In Stabbing Death Of Nicki Minaj Crew Member
- Speed Limits Reduced On Several Area Roadways Due To Winter Weather Conditions