PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ Superstar, In Critical Condition
- AC/DC Co-Founder, Guitarist Malcolm Young Dies At 64
- Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Causing Major Headache For Motorists
- ‘It Was Pandemonium’: Resident Recounts Rescue From West Chester Senior Living Facility Fire
- Race Weekend Kicks Off With Philadelphia Half-Marathon