PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Now That Seth Williams Has Been Indicted, Can He Hold Office?
- Police Officer Accused Of Dumping Emaciated Dog In Trash Bag At Park
- Philadelphia District Attorney Candidates Debate In Chestnut Hill
- SEPTA Police Announce 11 Arrests In Connection With Subway Station Brawl
- Death Investigation Underway In Maple Shade