SEPTA Police Officer Injured In Drunk Driving Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Search Continues For Pair In Hit-Run That Killed 2-Year-Old Boy In Kensington
- Philadelphia School District Seeks Ideas For Reinventing Existing Schools, Creating New Ones
- Philadelphia DA’s Program Gives Non-Violent Drug Offenders Alternative To Prison
- Authorities Search For Two Police Impersonators Who Threatened Security Guard Inside Juniata Park Supermarket
- Underground Transformer Fire Reported In Wayne