PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Large Snake On Loose In Gloucester County Found, Returned To Owner
- Bloomberg Attacks Trump At DNC: ‘The Richest Thing About Trump Is His Hypocrisy’
- Climate Change Dominates Millennial Vote Event In Center City
- VP Joe Biden At DNC: ’21st Century Is Going To Be The American Century’
- Rights4Girls Fundraiser Held In Center City