SEPTA Police Officer Injured In Drunk Driving Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- No Shortage Of Events, Activities Close To Home On Memorial Day Weekend
- Four Remain Hospitalized Following Deadly Amtrak Derailment In Philadelphia
- Cleveland Patrolman Acquitted In Two Deaths Amid 137-Shot Barrage
- New City Website Shows Taxpayers’ Effects Of Proposed School Funding Program
- One Dead In Multi-Vehicle Crash Along Schuylkill Expressway