SEPTA Police Officer Injured In Drunk Driving Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Athletes Inspired By Carli Lloyd, U.S. Women’s Soccer Team
- Officials: Invasive Beetle Found In 3 New Jersey Counties
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Delaware County
- AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
- Covered Bridge In Valley Forge National Historical Park Closed Due To Damage