PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Kellyanne Conway To Be Grand Marshal At Hammonton Fire Department Christmas Parade
- Parents Decide To Name Baby Born On Flight From Philly “Jet”
- N.J. State Police Trooper Killed In Wrong-Way Millville Crash
- Former Postal Employee Accused Of Stealing Packages Holds Up Fast-Food Restaurant, Police Say
- Christie Vetoes Proposed Prison Confinement Rules