PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Public Schools To Open On 2-Hour Delay Thursday
- Commuter Alerts: Latest On Bus, Train Service After Spring Snowstorm
- Powerful Nor’easter Turns Deadly In New Jersey
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Breaks His Silence On Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- Study: Mumps Outbreaks Linked To Waning Vaccine Protection