PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Temple Students, Residents Protest New Proposed Football Stadium
- Emergency Yoga Therapy As Alternative To Urgent Care, Hospital ER
- Camden Officials Announce New Community Benefit Agreement Between Renaissance Schools, Neighborhoods
- Woman Convicted In Center City Attack On Gay Couple Sentenced To Jail
- Phila. Officials Announce Effort To Save Money, Create Jobs By Making City Buildings More Energy Efficient