SEPTA Police Officer Injured In Drunk Driving Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Bernice Gordon, Philadelphia Crossword Puzzle Constructor, Dies At 101
- NJ Congressmen Ask White House To Stop Proposed Offshore Atlantic Seaboard Oil Exploration
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine Announces Plan To Become Tobacco-free
- Aqua Pennsylvania Reminds Customers To Be Diligent After Imposter Strikes In Bristol Area
- Consignment Furniture Store in Manayunk Riding a Growing Popularity Wave