PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Bucks County Group Creates Anti-KKK Flyers To Promote Positivity
- Police Search For Man They Say Set Fire To Popular South Philly Landmark
- Business Owners Defend Decision To Fire Workers Who Skipped Work On ‘A Day Without Immigrants’
- Serious Multi-Vehicle Crash Under Investigation In Burlington Co.
- Protesters Holding Rally Over Executive Orders In Philly