PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest for drunk driving after she crashed into a SEPTA police vehicle in Old City Philadelphia overnight.
Authorities say a SEPTA officer was responding to a call for an assist just after 3 a.m. Saturday when the driver of a white SUV struck the police cruiser near 5th and Market Streets.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Police say the driver had a blood alcohol level of .149, twice the legal limit. She was also evaluated for minor injuries.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Chelsea Clinton: Barron Trump Deserves A Chance To ‘Be A Kid’
- Police: Man Stabs To Death 70-Year-Old Grandmother During Argument
- Police: Man Dies Following Altercation At Philly Bar
- Storm Causes Thousands To Lose Power In The Area
- Closing Of Heavily Traveled Bridge Sends Commuters Scrambling For Alternatives