MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (CBS/AP) — A former band teacher at a South Jersey high school has been charged with having sexual contact with a female student.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert D. Bernardi announced the charges against 30-year-old Christian Reynolds on Friday.
Reynolds allegedly cultivated a relationship with the student at Florence High School during the 2011-12 school year when she was junior. Investigators say it led to kissing and fondling inside of the school and sexual contact on the school’s band bus on the way back from high school events.
The investigation began after the victim expressed her concerns to another teacher who still works at the high school, and that teacher contacted police.
Reynolds is no longer employed by the school district.
He faces one count of exhibiting obscene material to a minor and one count of criminal sexual contact. He was arrested Thursday and released after posting $25,000 bail.
A message left at a number listed for Reynolds in Edgewater Park wasn’t returned Saturday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pennsylvania Senate Set To Vote On Attorney General Nominee Beemer
- Wolf On Recreational Pot: Yes To Decriminalizing, No To Legalizing
- Small Women’s College In Allentown Starts Sophomore Spring Break Abroad Program
- Volunteer Adds Local Flavors To Ice Bucket Challenge For ALS
- Jersey Shore Beach-Goers Discover Unusual Sight Of Snakes On The Beach