NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — There’s more good news for motorists this week as gas prices continue to drop.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says average prices dropped slightly over the last week, continuing a trend over the last month.
The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline fell a penny to $3.47 last week. That price represents a 14-cent drop from a month ago and is seven cents lower than a year ago.
The news is even better in New Jersey, where average prices fell four cents in the last week to $3.32 per gallon. That’s 16 cents lower than a year ago.
AAA Mid-Atlantic expects prices to continue to fall as refineries gradually shift over to a less costly winter blend of gasoline.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Dare To Dream’ – Nova Nation Dances To Fight Childhood Cancer
- Children, Philadelphia Fire Department Paint Mural In Honor Of Fallen Firefighters
- Ronald McDonald House Helps Family From Indonesia Whose Son Is Battling Eye Cancer
- ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ Reality Star To Make Debut As Stripper At Atlantic City Nightclub
- 8-Year-Old Calls 911, Stops Car After Sister Has Seizure While Driving