PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies have had to share the spotlight with Philadelphia’s new other baseball team as the Taney Dragons compete in the Little League World Series. The Dragons have been the topic of the headlines and the Phillies have joined in to show their support.
The Phillies organization has sent out a number of tweets to support the youngsters and to congratulate them on their accomplishments. Like most of us, the Phillies were very impressed with Mo’ne Davis’ complete game shutout against Tennessee on Friday afternoon.
They took to Twitter to give Taney props on a job well done.
As you notice in the above tweet, the Phillies even made the gesture of changing their avatar to the logo for Taney Little League. The gesture did not go unnoticed.
Like all of us here in town, the Big Leaguers are 100% behind the Little Leaguers as they try to bring a title to Philadelphia.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Red Wings Beat Flyers 5-4 In Shootout To Halt 10-Game Skid
- Phillies’ Jake Arrieta Ready For Season To Get Underway
- Villanova’s Wright, Sixers’ Brown Formed Friendship In West Bank
- Villanova Faces Tough Test Against West Virginia In Sweet 16
- Former Steelers Polamalu, Ward To Help Launch New Football League