Ford Recalls 83,250 Cars And SUVs
DETROIT (AP) — Ford is recalling 83,250 vehicles because a faulty part could cause them to lose power or roll away if they’re parked.
The recall involves the 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX; the 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT; and the 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS.
The company says that due to the improper installation of a clip in the axle, the halfshaft can disengage from the linkshaft. If that happens, power won’t be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a crash. Also, the vehicles could roll out of the “park” position if the emergency brake isn’t engaged.
Ford says there have been no reports of injuries or accidents related to the defect.
Ford will notify owners and begin free repairs by the end of August.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- Upstate NY Towns Consider Seceding To Pa. After Fracking Ban
- Del. Police Search For Woman Accused Of Threatening To Burn Down 60-Year-Old Victim’s Home
- Spring Marshmallow Madness Hits New Heights With ‘Peeps Milk’
- NJ Marijuana Advocates To Hold Spring ‘Smoke Out’
- Sudden Onslaught of Snow Catches Some Morning Commuters By Surprise