By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Shave For The Brave Event Held In Pennsauken
- Dozens Of Drivers Claim They Are Being Ripped Off By 3rd Party Firm
- Ronald McDonald Family Helping Mother Stay By Son’s Side For Nearly 5 Months
- 30 Years Later, Wall Street Manager Reflects On College Promise To Philly Students
- MontCo Priest Curates Catholic Relics Exhibit
- Giant Trump Rooster Coming To Philly For Tax March
- Eagles’ Player Invited To Fan’s Wedding In Ohio Shows Up!
- Latest Motion Brings Another Setback To DA Seth Williams
- New Emojis Coming Soon: Breastfeeding, Beard, Woman Wearing Headscarf And More
- Couple Who Met On Set Of ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Gets Married