By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY: All Lanes Blocked On NJ Turnpike In Mt. Laurel Due to Accident
- Tariq El-Shabazz To Announce Run for DA
- Suspect Sought After Man Is Gunned Down In Kingsessing
- Police: Pedestrians Struck By Vehicle On City Avenue
- Small Plane Crash In Montco; No Injuries Reported
- New Research Estimates 50-Thousand Unauthorized Immigrants In Philadelphia
- Craft Beer Fundraiser On Tap In Honor Of Murdered Mount Airy Man
- PSU’s THON Ignites Hope, Raises Over $10M To Fight Childhood Cancer
- Sections Of Regional Electric Power Network Are Targeted For Major Upgrades
- Brewpub Wave Prepares To Hit Philadelphia!