Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Suspect Barricades Himself In North Philly Home
- Police: 1 Dead After Accident On Rt. 42 In South Jersey
- 4 Dogs Found Dead In Pa. Home
- Freedom Fighters Remembered, History Lessons Taught On Independence Mall
- Authorities Seeking Man They Say Robbed PNC Bank In Gloucester Township
- Philadelphia High School Students Host Fundraiser To Benefit Victims Of Nepal Earthquakes
- Battleship New Jersey Celebrates 72nd Anniversary Of Commissioning
- Cape May City And County Argue Over Police Monitor
- Drexel Grad Student Gets 10-Year Prison Sentence For Child Porn
- Warminster Man Charged In Woman’s Death In Bensalem Motel