Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Despite Weather, Flower Show Will Always Be a Pre-Spring Event, Officials Say
- Man Hurt In 2nd Recent Gas Explosion At New Jersey Shore
- Trial On Hold After After “Black Madam” Falls Ill
- Bill Green Says He Won’t Give Up SRC Chairmanship Without Court Fight
- Gov. Wolf To Propose Property Tax Relief Across Pennsylvania, Wage Tax Relief in Philadelphia
- Montco Man Charged With Secretly Videotaping Dozens of Women in K. of P. Mall Dressing Rooms
- Businessman Sentenced For Illegal Oyster Trafficking
- Store Owner Stabbed In The Face During Robbery In Northeast Philly
- 7 Students Injured In School Bus-SUV Collision In Delaware
- Study: Suicide Rates Among Middle-Aged Adults Have Sharply Increased