By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- It’s Game Day: Fans Ready For Eagles To Punch Ticket To Super Bowl
- Accident Shuts Down I-95 Near Broad Street
- 5th District Police Release Bar Restrictions For Sunday’s NFC Championship Game
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot 7 Times In North Philadelphia
- Swanky Philadelphia Event Bleeds Green This Year
- Vikings Fans Arrive In Philadelphia: ‘They Came A Long Way To Lose!’
- Iconic Philadelphia Bar Shows Eagles Love By Ending 158-Year Tradition
- Cost Of Prison Phone Calls In NJ Prompts Lawsuit From Phone Company
- PECO In Midst Of Aggressive Tree Trimming Project To Reduce Power Outages
- Southern California Looks To A Cloud From Chester County For Disaster Relief