Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Child Reportedly Struck By Vehicle In Bucks County
- Trooper Wounded In Deadly Ambush Home For Holidays
- Delaware Ex-headmaster Found Guilty In Child Porn Case
- Sportscaster Don Tollefson Now Looking For Help in His Fraud Defense
- Parent Company of McDonald’s Dragged Into Labor Board’s Retaliation Case
- 2 Injured In Crash Involving School Bus In Bucks County
- Police ID Suspect In West Philadelphia Arson
- Study: A College Staple Could Apparently Kill You
- Not Too Late To Get a Flu Shot, Area Doctors Advise
- Once Again, SEPTA Employees Give Santa a Helping Hand and Lots of Toys