By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Tattoo Convention Underway This Weekend In Philadelphia
- Couples Say ‘I Do’ At Senior Living Community’s Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Parx Casino Makes Generous Donation To Veterans
- Couples Marry In Annual Valentine’s Day Wedding Ceremony At City Hall
- Officials: Man Faces Charges In Fatal Hit-And-Run In Chester
- Medford Renames Park To Honor One Of Its Most Famous Doctors
- SPCA Impersonators Are Taking Pets Right From Their Owners’ Homes
- Cosby’s Attorneys Appeal Pair Of Montgomery County Court Decisions
- Phila. Mayor Appoints Director Of Office Of Black Male Engagement
- New Exhibit Featuring The Presidential Election Process Opens At NCC