By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Police: Man Breaks Into Barn, Attempts To Have Sex With Miniature Horse
- Beachgoers On East Coast Dealing With Dangerous Rip Currents
- COPS: 5 Charged Following Shootout On AC Expressway
- Ruptured Gas Line Forces Several Businesses To Evacuate In Burlington County
- Philly Police Shoot Dog That Was Reportedly Attacking People
- More Reports Of Clowns In Woods In South Carolina
- Driver Loses Control In Camden, Smashes Through Cars, A Power Pole And Porch
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot Multiple Times At Point Blank Range
- Investigators Say Shootout On AC Expressway Was Not Random Act
- Cabrini Celebrates Transition To Becoming Cabrini University