Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- UPDATE: Missing Del. Teen Found Safe
- Shoppers Head Out In Droves In Philadelphia Area
- All Aboard! Reading Terminal Market’s Annual Holiday Railroad Is Up And Running
- Former Philadelphia Police Captain Joins Ferguson Protestors — Wearing Old Uniform
- 1 Injured After Truck Crashes Into Bridge In Bucks County
- Spanier-Freeh Lawsuit Ordered Back To County Court
- Police Searching For Missing College Student Last Seen At Bar In Manayunk
- Shoppers Hit Area Malls In Search of Best Black Friday Deals
- New Jersey Animal Alliance Offers Black Cat Special On Black Friday
- Reading’s ‘Ugly’ Tree To Be Decorated In ‘Charlie Brown’ Fashion