Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Ex-Lender Offers $300K To Get Revel Fire Systems Back Online
- 3 Year Old Girl Critical After Attacked By Uncle’s Dog
- High School Football Player Dies After Collapsing During Conditioning Work Out
- Phillies Snap 6-Game Skid, Defeat Nationals 5-3
- Teen Girl To Stay In Adult Jail Until Trial In Mom’s Murder
- Forty Year Old Tradition On Life Support
- Arrest Made In Violent 17th Street Hit-and-Run
- Family, Friends Say Goodbye To Little Boy Killed In Southwest Philly Hit-and-Run
- Demolition Day For Iconic Philadelphia Building
- 2 Men Stabbed By Their Friend During Scuffle At North Philly Home