Fans Depart For Williamsport To Watch The Taney Dragons
By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- 3 Injured In Partial Roof Collapse At Lululemon In Center City
- Children Make Most Of Day Off After Snow Closes Schools
- SEPTA Urges Regional Rail Riders To Prepare For Delays, Crowds On Evening Trains
- Footprints In Snow Lead To Arrest Of Couple In Drexel Hill Burglaries
- City Councilman Jim Kenney To Resign From Office, Run For Mayor
- With New Governor Comes New Push To Legalize Medical Marijuana In Pennsylvania
- Atlantic City Man Sentenced In Heroin Distribution Plot
- Christie Takes First Step Toward Possible Run For President
- Massive Slip And Slide Headed To Atlantic City This August
- Nutter: No Regrets Closing Government Offices Despite ‘Big Forecast Miss’