By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- 2 Dead, 5 Rescued After Boat Capsizes Off New Jersey Coast
- Holiday Shopping With Tibetan Flair
- Consumer Watchdog Group Releases “10 Worst Toys” List Of 2015
- Family Of Camden Man Killed During Police-Involved Shooting Hire Attorney
- Black Friday Shopping Underway At Christmas Village In Love Park
- Philadelphia Zoo’s Baby Red Pandas Have Been Named
- Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Deal Is Nothing… For $5
- Police Investigating Fatal Shooting At Delaware Car Wash
- Reading Terminal Market Unveils This Year’s Holiday Train Display
- Santa Arrives In Center City Aboard The Market-Frankford El