By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Philadelphia Orchestra Declines To Perform Due To Strike As Theater Fills On Opening Night
- Popular Philadelphia Gay Bar Owner Under Fire For Racist Remarks
- Camden County Embracing Ability For People To Text 911 During Emergencies
- Governor Christie Announces NJ Gas Tax Hike To Fund Road Projects
- NJ College Student’s iPhone Explodes During Class, Prompting Evacuations
- Silent Philly Celebrating One Year Of ‘Quiet’ Parties
- Supreme Court Ruling On Casino Tax Worries Bensalem Leaders
- SEPTA Honors Its Largest Group Of Retirees Ever
- Man Arrested For Wearing ‘Plastic Wrap Bikini’ On NJ Beach
- NJ Officials Announce Traffic Altering Lane Changes On I-295 In Camden County