By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Wolf Lauds ‘Fair’ Medical Marijuana Process After Former Policy Chief Gets Grower Permit
- Picture Perfect Weather For Manayunk Arts Festival
- Lions, Tigers, And Beers At Philadelphia Zoo
- A New Look For Philadelphia City Hall Courtyard
- Controversial Dunes Are Coming To Margate, Behind Schedule
- Wheels Rolling Toward New, Faster SEPTA Bus Route Along Roosevelt Boulevard
- South Jersey Attorney Celebrates Landmark Victory Before US Supreme Court
- Fresh Off ‘Libre’s Law,’ Animal Welfare Advocates Seek ‘Hot Dog’ Relief
- Don’t Be A Victim, Scam Artist Look To Target Summer Travelers
- Philadelphia Arts Receive Millions In Grant Money