By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- DA: Ear, Nose, Throat Doc Touched Woman’s Breasts, Privates
- Final Phase Of NFL Draft Road Closures Goes Into Effect
- Community Rallies Behind Army Vet To Build A House For A Hero
- Philly School Tops List Of Best Schools In PA
- Owner Of Shuttered Day Care Charged After Baby Dies On First Day
- Check Your Piggy Banks: There’s A Penny Worth $85,000
- Suspect Caught On Video Doing Stretches In Parking Lot Before Robbing Dunkin’ Donuts
- David Creato’s Mother Testifies In His Murder Trial
- Elderly Driver Dies After Suffering Heart Attack, Crashing Into Tree
- $425 Dirty Jeans Leaving Some Philadelphians Scratching Their Head