By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- 2 Firefighters Injured In Delaware Blaze
- Beyonce, Adele Nominated For Top 3 Grammy Awards
- Utility Blames Transformer Issue For Philadelphia Foam Leak
- Police: Baby Thrown From 3rd Floor In Philly 2-Alarm Fire
- 4 Arrested After Troopers Seize 50 Pounds of Pot In School Parking Lot
- Poll: Christie’s Approval Rating Tied With Florio
- N.J. State Police Trooper Killed In Line of Duty Following Millville Crash
- Police: Teen Shot Twice During Potential Robbery In Germantown
- St. Mary Nurse Gets The Super Model Treatment
- Riders React To New Uber Feature, Tracking Your Location After Your Ride