By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- A Community Remembers 4-year-old Girl Fatally Shot In Her North Philadelphia Home
- Pennsylvania’s First Mormon Temple Comes To Ben Franklin Parkway
- SEPTA Driver Deemed Hero For Saving Woman From Thief
- Dozens Gather On Art Museum Steps Fighting For Gun Legislation In DC
- Montco Mom Starts Yoga Class For People With Disabilities
- Police Believe 4-Year-Old Girl Died After Accidentally Shooting Herself
- Folcroft Lockdown Keeps Residents Inside As SWAT Members Capture Suspect
- HP Recalls Thousands Of Laptop Batteries Due To Fire Hazard
- Police Charge Man In Crash That Killed Burlco Teacher, Passenger
- Uber Is Rolling Out Guaranteed Fares