By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Southwest Gives $5,000 Checks, $1,000 Travel Vouchers To Passengers On Flight 1380
- Students Plan To Walk Out Of Class On Columbine Shooting Anniversary
- Emergency Repairs As ‘Significant Deterioration’ Found Under Ben Franklin Bridge
- Police: Suspect Wanted In Ambush Shooting Of Father, 21-Month-Old Boy
- Police: Suspect Wanted For Robbing Heritage’s At Gunpoint
- Officials Announce LOVE Park’s Grand Reopening Date, New Sponsor
- Police: Woman Threw Hot Coffee, Pepper Sprayed Wawa Employee Over Order Mistake
- Film Puts Spotlight On Sheetz Vs. Wawa Debate
- Achy Joints? Don’t Blame The Weather, Researchers Say
- Delaware County Shopping Center Dealing With Apparent Rat Infestation