By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Search Underway For Police Impersonator In MontCo
- Malnourished Horse, Rescued From Vet’s Farm In January, Makes Full Recovery
- Uber Doesn’t Decrease Drunk Driving, Study Says
- Amy Schumer To Chat With Fans At Free Library Of Philadelphia
- Several Injured After Truck Crashes Into Hospital
- Philadelphia Police Receive Both Praise, Criticism For DNC Approach
- NJ Pols Plant Seeds For Governor At DNC
- Forum In Philadelphia: Are Immigrants Good For Our Country?
- Veteran Protester Looks Back On DNC
- DNC Impact On Philadelphia Region’s Economy