Eagles Visit Patriots In Preseason Game #2
By Matt Leon
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After practicing with the Patriots this week, the Eagles tonight will play New England in a preseason game in Foxboro, Massachusetts.
The Eagles will look for a sharper performance than they put forth in their first preseason game, a 34-28 loss to the Bears in Chicago.
Look for the starters to play about a half tonight. You won’t see wide receiver Riley Cooper (foot) and probably won’t see Jeremy Maclin (hamstring). This will probably mean a lot of reps for rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who is looking to bounce back from a tough performance against the Bears.
On defense, keep an eye on the safeties, as Nate Allen and Earl Wolff continue to battle for a starting job.
KYW’s Matt Leon spoke with Comcast Sportsnet’s Ray Didinger about what else to look for tonight.
You can follow Matt on Twitter @mattleonkyw.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Travis Long Tears ACL For Second Straight Year, Gone For Season
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Revamped Eagles Defense Ready To Step Up In 2015
- DeMarco Murray Says He’s Healthy & Feels Like An Eagle
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National