By Brad Segall
BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS) – Are you handy with a camera? A Bucks County tourism agency is looking for you to enter their summer social media contest, but time is running out.
Visit Bucks County is looking for your best pictures when you’re out and about in Bucks County, but the deadline is Labor Day. The tourism agency wants you to share your photos and videos of your favorite Bucks County moment using the hashtag #BucksCountyMoment on Instagram or Twitter.
“We want to interact them on social media and encourage not only visitors, but also locals to share their photos…share their experiences online,” says marketing and communications director Paul Bencivengo.
What’s in it for you? There are prizes for the best shot and you’re picture could even turn up in some of their brochures and ads, with your permission of course.
“When we have a visitor or a local post something that their friends see,” Bencivengo says, “that means a whole lot more than if they see something directly from Visit Bucks County. It’s got that third-party validation.”
Nearly 2,000 entries were submitted during last year’s social media contest.
- Trial Begins In Shooting Death Of Mother, Boyfriend In Ambler
- Philly’s Dad Vail Regatta Gets New Sponsor
- Former Chef Expected To Take Plea Deal In Child Porn Case
- 39,000 Hotel Rooms Expected To Be Filled In Philadelphia For NFL Draft
- Police: Driver, Passenger Possibly Overdose Before Crashing Vehicle With Child In Backseat
- Kids With Bedtimes, Mealtimes Less Likely To Be Obese, Study Finds
- Trailblazing Astronaut Peggy Whitson Breaks US Record For Most Time In Space
- Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal Has Hearing In Hopes To Overturn Previously Denied Appeals
- Richard Simmons Thanks Caregivers For Nursing Him Back To Health
- Frito-Lay Recalls Jalapeño-Flavored Potato Chips Over Salmonella Fears