By Brad Segall
BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS) – Are you handy with a camera? A Bucks County tourism agency is looking for you to enter their summer social media contest, but time is running out.
Visit Bucks County is looking for your best pictures when you’re out and about in Bucks County, but the deadline is Labor Day. The tourism agency wants you to share your photos and videos of your favorite Bucks County moment using the hashtag #BucksCountyMoment on Instagram or Twitter.
“We want to interact them on social media and encourage not only visitors, but also locals to share their photos…share their experiences online,” says marketing and communications director Paul Bencivengo.
What’s in it for you? There are prizes for the best shot and you’re picture could even turn up in some of their brochures and ads, with your permission of course.
“When we have a visitor or a local post something that their friends see,” Bencivengo says, “that means a whole lot more than if they see something directly from Visit Bucks County. It’s got that third-party validation.”
Nearly 2,000 entries were submitted during last year’s social media contest.
- STEM: Local Partnership Turns Tech-Savvy Kids Into Tech Creators
- From RNC To DNC ‘Nuns On The Bus’ Take To Philly On A Mission
- Nutter: Trump Thinks Presidency Is ‘Entry-Level Job On The Apprentice’
- Atlantic City To Receive State Loan To Stave Off Default
- Police And Protesters Credited With Restraint At DNC
- Lady Gaga Hits Stage For Invite-Only Show For DNC Delegates
- Melania Trump’s Website Taken Down Amid Controversy
- ‘I’m Leaving The Democratic Party’…Last Day Of DNC Brings Final Tour Of Protests
- Cosby Drops Litigation Against Accuser In Sex Assault Case
- Black Men For Bernie Condemns Dems, Clinton During Rally In Center City