By Brad Segall
BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS) – Are you handy with a camera? A Bucks County tourism agency is looking for you to enter their summer social media contest, but time is running out.
Visit Bucks County is looking for your best pictures when you’re out and about in Bucks County, but the deadline is Labor Day. The tourism agency wants you to share your photos and videos of your favorite Bucks County moment using the hashtag #BucksCountyMoment on Instagram or Twitter.
“We want to interact them on social media and encourage not only visitors, but also locals to share their photos…share their experiences online,” says marketing and communications director Paul Bencivengo.
What’s in it for you? There are prizes for the best shot and you’re picture could even turn up in some of their brochures and ads, with your permission of course.
“When we have a visitor or a local post something that their friends see,” Bencivengo says, “that means a whole lot more than if they see something directly from Visit Bucks County. It’s got that third-party validation.”
Nearly 2,000 entries were submitted during last year’s social media contest.
- ‘Made In Philadelphia’ Holiday Market Pops Up Outside City Hall
- A Piece Of The Battleship New Jersey Comes Home
- Renovations Under Way Along Avenue of the Arts
- Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting Boy He Met On ‘Grindr’ App
- Scientists Working On New Treatment For Patients With Chronic Itch Conditions
- West Chester Senior Living Facility That Went Up In Flames Previously Cited For Safety Violations
- Lehigh Valley Farm Providing White House With Thanksgiving Turkeys For Nearly 60 Years
- Philadelphia Sheriff Faces Sexual Harassment Complaints
- Police Searching For Group Of Teens Following 3 Attacks Near Temple University
- Peddler’s Village Kicks Off 33rd Annual Gingerbread Competition