Bucks County Tourism Agency Wants Your Photos For Social Media Contest
By Brad Segall
BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS) – Are you handy with a camera? A Bucks County tourism agency is looking for you to enter their summer social media contest, but time is running out.
Visit Bucks County is looking for your best pictures when you’re out and about in Bucks County, but the deadline is Labor Day. The tourism agency wants you to share your photos and videos of your favorite Bucks County moment using the hashtag #BucksCountyMoment on Instagram or Twitter.
“We want to interact them on social media and encourage not only visitors, but also locals to share their photos…share their experiences online,” says marketing and communications director Paul Bencivengo.
What’s in it for you? There are prizes for the best shot and you’re picture could even turn up in some of their brochures and ads, with your permission of course.
“When we have a visitor or a local post something that their friends see,” Bencivengo says, “that means a whole lot more than if they see something directly from Visit Bucks County. It’s got that third-party validation.”
Nearly 2,000 entries were submitted during last year’s social media contest.
- Year In Review: Marriage Equality In Pennsylvania
- Year In Review: Pope Francis Announces He’s Coming To Philadelphia In 2015
- Year In Review: Long Manhunt Ensues After Deadly Ambush Of Pa. State Trooper
- Year In Review: LeAnna Washington Resigns From Office After Pleading Guilty To Felony Charge
- Year In Review: Carjacking, Sexual Assault And The Massacre Of A Family In North Philadelphia
- Year In Review: Facebook Remains World’s Largest Social Network
- NJ Businesses Expect Better Times In The Year Ahead, Not That 2014 Was Too Shabby
- South Philly Man Facing Trial After Evidence Of Dog Fighting Found On Property
- Report: Woman Dies Of Natural Causes After Bucks County Hit-And-Run
- Motorcycles Roar Through Northeast Philly To Honor Fallen Female Firefighter