By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The woman who calls herself the “Black Madam,” accused of murder in the death of a woman who died from a silicone butt-enhancement injection, has lost a pre-trial motion to present the testimony of satisfied customers at trial, scheduled for next year.
The transgender defendant, who has pleaded not guilty, is in custody, but presented a cheery demeanor in court.
Defense attorney David Rudenstein has argued the testimony of clients who got silicone injections and were happy with the results is critical to the defense to negate the element of malice necessary to prove third degree murder.
According to Rudenstein, Padge-Victoria Windslowe, who he says he expects to testify at trial, had done this procedure on a number of people. She believed what she was doing was safe in her heart and mind and she did not believe she was putting anyone at risk.
But the judge has ruled such testimony is not admissible, saying it’s not relevant to have someone come in and say “I had the procedure and I didn’t get hurt, I didn’t die.”
Windslowe smiled and waved to the prosecutors — greeted them by name — as she entered the courtroom. She indicated several times she wanted to speak, but was dissuaded by her counsel.
And even after losing the motion, she smiled and bid “good day Commonwealth” as she left the courtroom.
Windslowe is charged in the death of 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi. A witness — a friend of the victim — testified at an earlier hearing that she and Aderotimi came to Philadelphia from England and met the suspect at an airport hotel, where they got the butt enhancement injection.
Almost immediately, the witness said, the victim started to suffer. She had chest pains, trouble breathing, and died hours later.
- New Book Offers Fresh Look At The Phillies
- Behave In New Jersey Forests, Or Else…
- 1 Teen Dead, Another Injured After Being Ejected From Carnival Ride
- Delaware GOP Chairman Expects Strong Support For Trump At Convention
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas That Are Actually Cool
- Here We Go Again! Powerball Jackpot Reaches $314 Million
- Advocates Rally To Raise Awareness For Organ And Tissue Donation
- Center City Restaurant Hosts ‘Bark-B-Que’ In Honor Of National Adopt A Dog Day
- Pizzeria Invents Pizza Box Made Out Of Pizza
- Chipotle Celebrates ‘Teacher’s Day’ With Buy One Get One Free Deal