By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The woman who calls herself the “Black Madam,” accused of murder in the death of a woman who died from a silicone butt-enhancement injection, has lost a pre-trial motion to present the testimony of satisfied customers at trial, scheduled for next year.
The transgender defendant, who has pleaded not guilty, is in custody, but presented a cheery demeanor in court.
Defense attorney David Rudenstein has argued the testimony of clients who got silicone injections and were happy with the results is critical to the defense to negate the element of malice necessary to prove third degree murder.
According to Rudenstein, Padge-Victoria Windslowe, who he says he expects to testify at trial, had done this procedure on a number of people. She believed what she was doing was safe in her heart and mind and she did not believe she was putting anyone at risk.
But the judge has ruled such testimony is not admissible, saying it’s not relevant to have someone come in and say “I had the procedure and I didn’t get hurt, I didn’t die.”
Windslowe smiled and waved to the prosecutors — greeted them by name — as she entered the courtroom. She indicated several times she wanted to speak, but was dissuaded by her counsel.
And even after losing the motion, she smiled and bid “good day Commonwealth” as she left the courtroom.
Windslowe is charged in the death of 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi. A witness — a friend of the victim — testified at an earlier hearing that she and Aderotimi came to Philadelphia from England and met the suspect at an airport hotel, where they got the butt enhancement injection.
Almost immediately, the witness said, the victim started to suffer. She had chest pains, trouble breathing, and died hours later.
- Is It Legal To Take A Selfie In The Voting Booth? Not Everywhere
- Weekend Box Office Report: New Films Lead The Way
- Former PA Attorney General Kathleen Kane To Be Sentenced
- Are Monsters Real? Possibly, But Not How You’d Expect.
- Car Fire On Delaware Memorial Bridge
- Jill Biden And Anne Holton Campaign For Female Voter Turnout At CCP
- North Philly Residents Evacuated For Reported Gas Leak
- Insomnia Cookies Celebrates 100th Store With Free Cookie Giveaway
- Flight From PHL Delayed Due To Security Concern
- Halloween Safety Tips