Video: Andy Reid Does The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former Eagles head coach—current Chiefs head coach—Andy Reid let two of his players pour a bucket of ice water on his heads. I know, I didn’t believe it either.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has gone viral. What is it? The Ice Bucket Challenge is to help spread awareness in fighting ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aka “Lou Gehrig’s disease”, a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement.
If you are nominated to complete the challenge you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, post the video on social media, and tag three more people — or you must donate $100 in fighting ALS.
On Thursday, Reid got into the act with the help of Chase Daniel and Jamaal Charles.
Watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Local Little League Receives Generous Donation From Mystery Donor
- David Feherty On WGC-Bridgestone Invitational: ‘Have To Use Every Club In The Bag’
- Jimmy Rollins Will Lead Off In Return To CBP Tonight
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Brian Westbrook, Maxie Baughan To Be Inducted Into Eagles Hall Of Fame