PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former Eagles head coach—current Chiefs head coach—Andy Reid let two of his players pour a bucket of ice water on his heads. I know, I didn’t believe it either.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has gone viral. What is it? The Ice Bucket Challenge is to help spread awareness in fighting ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aka “Lou Gehrig’s disease”, a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement.
If you are nominated to complete the challenge you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, post the video on social media, and tag three more people — or you must donate $100 in fighting ALS.
On Thursday, Reid got into the act with the help of Chase Daniel and Jamaal Charles.
Watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year