PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former Eagles head coach—current Chiefs head coach—Andy Reid let two of his players pour a bucket of ice water on his heads. I know, I didn’t believe it either.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has gone viral. What is it? The Ice Bucket Challenge is to help spread awareness in fighting ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aka “Lou Gehrig’s disease”, a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement.
If you are nominated to complete the challenge you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, post the video on social media, and tag three more people — or you must donate $100 in fighting ALS.
On Thursday, Reid got into the act with the help of Chase Daniel and Jamaal Charles.
Watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Points May Be Tough To Come By On Sunday
- Philly Police Issue Business, Parking Restrictions Ahead Of NFC Championship Game
- ‘I’m Praying For You’: Wentz Sends Uplifting Video To Young Eagles Fan Battling Cancer
- Historic Philly Flag Shop Shows Off Eagles Creations
- Die-Hard Eagles Fans Share Their Game Day Superstitions