PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former Eagles head coach—current Chiefs head coach—Andy Reid let two of his players pour a bucket of ice water on his heads. I know, I didn’t believe it either.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has gone viral. What is it? The Ice Bucket Challenge is to help spread awareness in fighting ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aka “Lou Gehrig’s disease”, a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement.
If you are nominated to complete the challenge you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, post the video on social media, and tag three more people — or you must donate $100 in fighting ALS.
On Thursday, Reid got into the act with the help of Chase Daniel and Jamaal Charles.
Watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- After Sweet Victory, Nova Nation Is Feeling Elite
- 3 Cheers: The Fairy Godmother Of Cinderella Team Loyola University Chicago Ramblers
- Villanova Beats West Virginia 90-78 To Reach Elite Eight
- Santoliquito: Mike Wallace Joined The Eagles To Win A Super Bowl
- Santoliquito: Will Michael Bennett Break Up The Eagles’ Harmonious Locker Room?