PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — At this point, we all know someone who has done the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The cold gesture has taken the nation by storm and is raising awareness to the cause for ALS.
On Thursday, Ruben Amaro Jr. took up the cause and took part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. He was challenged to do so by one of his former aces, Roy Halladay. What better way for Amaro to spend the Phillies off day than by raising awareness for a great cause.
After drenching himself in freezing cold water, Amaro made his selections for the challenge and he decided to call out three people that he referred to as “three good friends,” of his. He challenged Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers, New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and Ben Cherington, the GM for the Boston Red Sox.
CLICK HERE to watch Amaro’s Ice Bucket Challenge.
Those were indeed some interesting choices made by Amaro. We’ll closely monitor the internet to see if the three executives answer Amaro’s call.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Raffl Scores Late, Flyers Beat Oilers For 7th Straight Win
- Preview: Joel Embiid Vs. Anthony Davis
- Brandon Brooks Ranked Among NFL’s Top 25 O-Lineman
- NFL Picks Week 14: Giants End Cowboys’ Streak And Chiefs Seize Control Of AFC West
- Esiason: Wentz Just ‘Going Through Natural Progression’ Of Learning NFL QB