UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Two Pennsylvania golfers accused of fighting over the rules had assault charges dismissed after they refused to testify against one another.
State police say 63-year-old Roger Lee Harris and 42-year-old Bryan Bandes were playing with three others at the Springdale Golf Course near Uniontown on Aug. 3. That’s when they began arguing about rules involving “casual water” — or puddles — after it rained.
The North Union Township men eventually came to blows, and police say Harris hit Bandes over the head with a 3-wood.
District Judge Robert Breakiron dismissed the charges after a preliminary hearing Wednesday. He sent the men home with a warning, saying, “I don’t want you to be back again in this courtroom or I’m going to assess you two penalty strokes.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- PA Target Hosting Sensory Friendly Shopping Hours For Those With Autism
- Hatchimals To Hit Target Stores This Weekend, According To Company Blog
- ‘Lay Off The Hamburgers’: North Carolina Santa Accused Of Fat-Shaming Young Boy
- How You Can ‘Fly Back In Time,’ Ring In 2017 Twice
- San Francisco International Introduces First-Ever Airport Therapy Pig