UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Two Pennsylvania golfers accused of fighting over the rules had assault charges dismissed after they refused to testify against one another.
State police say 63-year-old Roger Lee Harris and 42-year-old Bryan Bandes were playing with three others at the Springdale Golf Course near Uniontown on Aug. 3. That’s when they began arguing about rules involving “casual water” — or puddles — after it rained.
The North Union Township men eventually came to blows, and police say Harris hit Bandes over the head with a 3-wood.
District Judge Robert Breakiron dismissed the charges after a preliminary hearing Wednesday. He sent the men home with a warning, saying, “I don’t want you to be back again in this courtroom or I’m going to assess you two penalty strokes.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Foreign Tick Found In New Jersey Could Pose Serious Threat To Humans
- Bill Cosby Retrial: Jury Adjourns For The Night, Deliberations Continue Thursday
- Texas Man Sentenced To 50 Years In Prison For Stealing Over $1 Million Worth Of Fajitas
- Audi Issues Recall Of More Than 1 Million Cars Worldwide
- Seal Rescued After Being Caught Napping Near Amusement Park In Delaware