By Steve Beck
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (CBS) — A New Jersey man is facing charges after investigators say he carved a swastika into a neighbor’s lawn.
Scott F. Cooney, 45, of Lakewood, is charged with Bias Intimidation, Harassment and Criminal Mischief.
According to the victims, Cooney had been victimizing them for several months. The victims told investigators Cooney on many occasions verbally harassed and threatened them.
On August 10th, the victims told police they observed Cooney on their front yard using what appeared to be a lead pipe to carve something into their lawn.
The victims, not wanting to provoke a confrontation, stayed inside their home.
Once Cooney left, they went outside to find that he had carved a swastika into the lawn.
The victims took a photo and immediately contacted the Lakewood Police Department.
Cooney was arrested Wednesday.
Cooney’s bail has been set at $25,000.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Possibly World’s Biggest Pearl Found Under A Bed
- Harambe Memes Prompt Cincinnati Zoo To Delete Twitter Accounts
- Crews Free Man Stuck Between Buildings After Bid To Impress Woman
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Once Again The Highest Paid Actress
- Teacher Ditches Homework Policy, Tells Kids To Enjoy Time With Family