ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP/CBS) — Kole Calhoun homered and had an RBI single during a seven-run sixth inning, and the Los Angeles Angels’ struggling offense rebounded for a 7-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
David Freese had a two-run double during the lengthy rally, which propelled Los Angeles to just its second win in seven games. Calhoun bookended the rally with two of his three hits for the Angels, who had scored just nine runs in their previous 61 innings.
C.J. Wilson (9-8) pitched into the seventh inning of his first victory since June 24, yielding seven hits and two walks.
Jerome Williams pitched five-hit ball into the sixth inning of his Phillies debut, but the former Angels right-hander’s bullpen couldn’t hold back his old teammates. Antonio Bastardo gave up 5 runs and recorded just one out in relief of Williams.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Giants Fans Clamor For Saquon Barkley, Show Love For Penn State Running Back In Parody Video
- Birds Play-By-Play Legend Merrill Reese All Smiles At Eagles Super Bowl Ring Sizing Day
- Altherr Goes Deep To Back Arrieta, Phils Beat D’Backs 5-3
- Media Day For 21st Annual Home Runs For Heart
- Avila Leads Diamondbacks In 8-4 Win Over Phillies