By Steve Beck
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — A 50-year-old home health aide is accused of stealing jewelry from her elderly patient in Atlantic County.
The suspect’s 26-year-old boyfriend, also wanted in the crime, remains on the loose.
Lisa Johnson, from Sicklerville, is facing several charges, including theft and receiving stolen property.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Johnson’s boyfriend, Justin Brown of Galloway Township. Brown remains on the run.
According to investigators, officers with the Egg Harbor Township Police Department were called to a residence in the Elmwood Estates Mobile Park for a jewelry theft.
The victim, an 82-year-old man, told the officers that a temporary home health aide and her boyfriend pried open a jewelry box and removed most of the jewelry inside.
Police say Johnson and Brown were discovered in the RAPID pawn system to have pawned the victim’s jewelry in early June.
Johnson was taken into custody and later released on her own recognizance pending a court date.
Brown, also facing charges of theft and receiving stolen property, remains at large.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Egg Harbor Township Police Department at 609-927-5200.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Indictment: Waterslide In Fatal Accident Was ‘Deadly Weapon’
- Emma Gonzalez Stood On Stage For 6-Minutes: Length Of The Parkland Gunman’s Shooting Spree
- “We Can End Gun Violence’: Paul McCartney Remembers John Lennon In March For Our Lives
- Jay Leno Spotted At West Chester March For Our Lives Rally
- Celebrate National Cheesesteak Day With Freebies, Specials