South Jersey Home Health Aide Charged In Jewelry Theft; Boyfriend Remains At Large
By Steve Beck
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — A 50-year-old home health aide is accused of stealing jewelry from her elderly patient in Atlantic County.
The suspect’s 26-year-old boyfriend, also wanted in the crime, remains on the loose.
Lisa Johnson, from Sicklerville, is facing several charges, including theft and receiving stolen property.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Johnson’s boyfriend, Justin Brown of Galloway Township. Brown remains on the run.
According to investigators, officers with the Egg Harbor Township Police Department were called to a residence in the Elmwood Estates Mobile Park for a jewelry theft.
The victim, an 82-year-old man, told the officers that a temporary home health aide and her boyfriend pried open a jewelry box and removed most of the jewelry inside.
Police say Johnson and Brown were discovered in the RAPID pawn system to have pawned the victim’s jewelry in early June.
Johnson was taken into custody and later released on her own recognizance pending a court date.
Brown, also facing charges of theft and receiving stolen property, remains at large.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Egg Harbor Township Police Department at 609-927-5200.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Starbucks: Prices For Some Drinks To Go Up By 5 To 20 Cents
- Amazon Pushing Prime Service With Day Of Deals, ‘Prime Day’
- Study: Napping During The Workday Could Result In Better Productivity, Safety
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times