Cops: Drunk Dad Locked Kids Out Of House, Told Them To Go ‘Look For Seashells’
EXPORT, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man was drunk when he locked his three children out of the house and told them to go “look for seashells” along a dark and dangerous stretch of rural road.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for 36-year-old Charles Seibel, of Washington Township, Westmoreland County. He’s been jailed since his arrest Saturday night.
That’s when police say Seibel kicked out his kids — they are 14, 8 and 6 years old — and told them not to return.
Township police say the children walked to a neighbor’s a half mile away and were also helped by an off-duty state trooper who lives nearby.
Police say Seibel fought with them, so he’s charged with resisting arrest in addition to three counts of endangering the welfare of children.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover
- Sunburn Art: A Dangerous New Trend?
- Ocean City Retains Title As New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach