PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Recent odds have LeSean McCoy as the second favorite to lead the NFL in rushing this upcoming season. The running back with the best odds is Adrian Peterson.
Peterson is listed as a 4/1 favorite to rush for the most yards in 2014. McCoy comes in with 9/2 odds. The slight edge has been given to Peterson despite the fact that McCoy rushed for 1,607 yards in 2013 compared to Peterson’s 1,266. There has been a lot of back and forth regarding who the better back is, but Vegas is giving the slight edge to Peterson.
The odds were also released for who will throw for the most yards in 2014. Nick Foles did not come as close to the top as McCoy did as he was listed with 25/1 odds to lead the league in passing. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are tied for first with 11/4 odds.
Foles finished just ahead of Eli Manning and just behind Philip Rivers.
Jeremy Maclin also appeared on some listings alongside some former Eagles.
Odds to Win 2014 NFL Comeback Player of the Year:
1. Robert Griffin III 5/1
T2. Aaron Rodgers 6/1
T2. Julio Jones 6/1
T16. Jeremy Maclin 33/1
T16. Michael Vick 33/1
Who will lead the League in Receiving Yards in the 2014 Regular Season?
1. Calvin Johnson 13/5
2. Dez Bryant 15/2
T3. Julio Jones 8/1
T3. Demaryius Thomas 8/1
T17. DeSean Jackson 50/1
T17. Jeremy Maclin 50/1
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Philadelphia Grassroots Effort To Boycott NFL, Plan To Take It National
- Albright President Offers To Reinstate 3 Football Players Dismissed For Violating Team’s Show Of Unity
- ‘Turn Off The NFL’: Activists Call For Boycott Of Sunday’s Games After Kaepernick Files Grievance Against League
- 2017-18 NBA Season Preview – Eastern Conference
- Keidel: Packers Can’t Overcome Aaron Rodgers Injury