PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a man accidentally shot himself after he robbed someone at gunpoint in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:30 p.m. Sunday along the 1700 block of Guilford Street.
Police say to men, at least one of whom was armed with a gun, robbed a person of cash and a cell phone, but while the suspects were running away, one of the robbers accidentally shot himself in the leg.
The wounded robber showed up at Temple University Hospital where police were called and he was arrested.
Police are still searching for the second suspect.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Man Turns Self In After 4-Year-Old’s Shooting Death In North Philadelphia
- Man Allegedly Attempts To Abduct 4-Year-Old In Levittown, Police Investigate
- Wolf Withholds Signature On Budget Pending Revenue Package
- 2 Arrested After Stealing Bag From AC Beach In Front Of Officer
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Food Happy Hour With Italian Flair