Road Work Set To Begin On Roosevelt Boulevard
By Mark Abrams
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A major PennDOT paving project begins Monday night along the Roosevelt Boulevard and it could affect the morning commute for drivers for the next few months.
Crews will begin working tonight at 8 o’clock stripping blacktop from the northbound lanes of the boulevard between 9th Street and Adams Avenue.
But, PennDOT’s Charles Metzger says that’s only the beginning of resurfacing work to be done on the northbound and southbound inside lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard from 9th Street all the way to the Bucks County line.
“This is going to be a heavy impact to traffic,” Metzger says. “The motorists will need to find alternate routes if they can or leave extra time when they’re traveling.”
Metzger says a 12-mile stretch of the busy north-south artery will be paved in sections between now and October 31.
He says work will commence each night at 8 o’clock and wrap up about 6 a.m.
While the outside lanes will remain open during the construction period, Metzger says early morning commuters should expect delays.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Philadelphia Man Gets Prison For Online Blackmail
- New Department Store Opening in Former Strawbridge’s at 8th & Market
- Police: Chester County Priest Shared Child Porn On Instagram
- Crews Battling Large Fire At Apartment Complex In Voorhees
- Dump Truck Carrying Gravel Overturns On I-95 Southbound In Bucks County