WILDWOOD, N.J., (CBS) – A power outage was reported at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Morey’s Piers says a power surge caused a section of Morey’s Surfside Pier to lose power and as a result about 14 rides had to be evacuated, including The Great Nor’easter and a few other moderate thrill rides.
All guests were safely evacuated from the rides without incident.
The spokesperson says power was restored around 10:30 p.m. with a majority of the rides opening for the remainder of the night.
No injuries were reported.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- New Jersey Health Officials Warning Pet Owners About Deadly Rat-Borne Disease
- Police: Homeowner’s Son Fatally Shoots 3 Suspected Robbers With AR-15 Rifle
- Police: Marijuana Grow Operation Run By Cuban Nationals Busted
- Police: Caretaker Charged After Toddler Found Dead In West Oak Lane
- Kevin Hart Donates $10,000 During Ronald McDonald House Charities Telethon