Power Outage Reported On Wildwood Boardwalk
WILDWOOD, N.J., (CBS) – A power outage was reported at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Morey’s Piers says a power surge caused a section of Morey’s Surfside Pier to lose power and as a result about 14 rides had to be evacuated, including The Great Nor’easter and a few other moderate thrill rides.
All guests were safely evacuated from the rides without incident.
The spokesperson says power was restored around 10:30 p.m. with a majority of the rides opening for the remainder of the night.
No injuries were reported.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- Phila. ‘Mental Health Court’ Marks Five Years of Helping Mentally Ill Defendants
- Ballot Question on Control of Phila. School District Gets Council OK
- Gov. Christie Welcomes Investors To Atlantic City — Even Donald Trump
- Little Chance For Anti-Gay-Bashing Law This Year in Pennsylvania
- Candidate Tom Wolf Promises Shale Fracking Tax Revenue For Pa. Schools