WILDWOOD, N.J., (CBS) – A power outage was reported at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Morey’s Piers says a power surge caused a section of Morey’s Surfside Pier to lose power and as a result about 14 rides had to be evacuated, including The Great Nor’easter and a few other moderate thrill rides.
All guests were safely evacuated from the rides without incident.
The spokesperson says power was restored around 10:30 p.m. with a majority of the rides opening for the remainder of the night.
No injuries were reported.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- New Philly Restrictions On Where Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Can Go May Be Too Late
- Philly Synagogue Tackling Problem Of Summer Hunger
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Finishes First
- Takata, Brought Down By Airbag Crisis, Files For Bankruptcy
- Much Up In The Air As PA Budget Deadline Looms