Power Outage Reported On Wildwood Boardwalk
WILDWOOD, N.J., (CBS) – A power outage was reported at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Morey’s Piers says a power surge caused a section of Morey’s Surfside Pier to lose power and as a result about 14 rides had to be evacuated, including The Great Nor’easter and a few other moderate thrill rides.
All guests were safely evacuated from the rides without incident.
The spokesperson says power was restored around 10:30 p.m. with a majority of the rides opening for the remainder of the night.
No injuries were reported.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- Police Investigate Attempted Carjacking Involving Homeland Security Agent In Delaware
- Romney Says He’s Out of 2016 Presidential Race, To Little Surprise Inside GOP
- DA Seeks Death Penalty For Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting And Murdering Teacher
- On Heels of Obama Visit, VP Biden Meets With House Democrats in Philadelphia
- ‘Binge-watching’ TV Shows Could Be A Sign Of Mental Illness